Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    That comment was made on the 29th, and he had a in home visit with Bama that weekend. He hasn’t commited yet but we have to blow this visit out of the water to get him. Sounds like a Bama lean at this time to me

The expectation (hope?) here is that Justin Fields is what tips the scale heavily in our favor. Would love to see this young man on Saturdays between the hedges.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Jinx55 said:
    Maybe Parsons isn’t completely out?? Just curious what you guys think?? @Kasey @Denmen185 @SnoopDawg @tiger_62082 @CZCashvilleDawg

I am borderline adding him to my class but don't know who I would drop to make room. I think we are 60/40 likely to land him.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Jinx55 havnt kept up with parsons. Wrote him off as a big 10 lean awhile ago

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@Jinx55 said:
    Maybe Parsons isn’t completely out?? Just curious what you guys think?? @Kasey @Denmen185 @SnoopDawg @tiger_62082 @CZCashvilleDawg

Don’t think he is needed with who is on the board and who we have.
    Defensive back recruiting is much more important. We need to close with Goodrich, Taylor and most probably, Wilson.

Don’t get me wrong. He’s a great player but with Cox/Henry projected, time to lock up the secondary- especially if Baker goes pro.

I think we need to lock up secondary in any event. I would likely still take Parsons as well as Cox and have to drop 1 of Tindall/Brule from my class with the latter being most likely.

• DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Man, Cade Mays had some big ole feet, i so hope he and Salyer are DaWGs next year

Taylor-Stewart resecheduled official. Not coming this weekend. Hope he ya coming for the Big on next weekend then.

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Taylor-Stewart resecheduled official. Not coming this weekend. Hope he ya coming for the Big on next weekend then.

Yeah I saw that as well. Any update on where else he may go this weekend?? I kind of like that idea since we have Wilson (who I think we will pick up a lot of momentum on with the connection to Wildgoose), and having Bush in town. I think these both have more interest in the bulldogs currently. Not that Taylor-Stewart wont after he visits.

I also hope we close on Alonte Taylor. I think he is almost a lock, but I cant lie Pruitt vs Kirby is going to be tough as the years go on!

@Jinx55 havent seen why for Taylor-Stuart.

As for alonte Taylor, I felt he was a lock until yesterday. Pruitt will make him a priority but in the end if his relationships built with our class is strong he will be a dog.

I agree, I think we snag Wilson up

That’s why you always keep recruiting

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Definitely can see Pruitt and Sherrer getting Horn, Dean, and Taylor back on board. I think Mays has moved on from the to this point. Pruitt will be a constant threat with recruiting if he runs the right offense with him setting the defense up for success.

It sounds like, on the radio (I live in the Nashville area) , that the fan base is really behind the hire. His big focus will be making end rounds and fortifying relationships with all the Big highschool programs in the state on TN first and foremost.

Pruitt is smart enough to understand he has a better chance doing that first than going into Bama, South Carolina and GA to compete with who is already there recruiting. Not saying he won’t but it sounds like TN will be much tough to pull from going forward.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,290 mod

I’m not concerned. If we get him, that’s great. If we don’t, means more room for another stud to join the reigning SEC champs

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the weather in GA this weekend has anyone heard if the big visits are still taking place or have some of the guys called it off. Roads are much better today, but yesterday it was horrible. We got almost 10" of snow in spots which is never good on our roads.

This discussion has been closed.