Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Why does everyone think that UF stands a chance of beating us?

Comments

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:
    I'm writing this game off as a W as well. Sure, it's a rivalry game, but UF is in re-build mode, not reload like we are. I'm banking on a 34-17 type win.

There is no history to prove we're in a ''reload'' cycle ..YET.
    Bama has perpetual #1 classes going back as far as any non-true freshman on their team.
    So their depth and training of talent still exceeds our roster.
    We're at least a year away from having their level of stockpiled veteran talent to replace those we lose.

We have more depth than UF by FAR. But either way, the fact still stands that they are re-building, we are not.

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:

@BamaDawg said:
    Anyone who doesnt believe that we could lose on any given saturday (with a few exceptions) needs to put the kool aid down. Think OSU thought they were going to lose when last year's team left for an easy game in the state of Iowa? Think Custard was worried about losing?

I'm all for confidence, and have preached it here before. But being blindy cocky is asking for trouble.

Sure, we CAN lose, but will we? I don't think so. See? Confidence.

Not for sure what your point is or why you put a ? after See. Are you suggesting that I don't understand the use of the word confidence? No where did I say we couldn't win, nor anywhere in my post did I imply that I didn't think we wouldn't win. But I bet you don't have enough fingers to count the times we (fans) were confident we (UGA) would win in Jacksonville because we (UGA) had the better team.

See?

My response was because of your "blindly cocky" comment. No need to get defensive. All good fun here. And yeah, I am rarely confident going into the UF game, but we are in a much much better position than they are right now. It's easy to think we can win this year.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did I miss something? My recollection was people thinking we would lose to SC well before Florida came around.

Personally, I don’t see us getting beat by Florida and should roll through the east.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Woul> @JRT812 said:

Did I miss something? My recollection was people thinking we would lose to SC well before Florida came around.

Personally, I don’t see us getting beat by Florida and should roll through the east.

For clarity did you mean to say “would” vs. “could”?

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jgf1031 said:

@BamaDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:

@BamaDawg said:
    Anyone who doesnt believe that we could lose on any given saturday (with a few exceptions) needs to put the kool aid down. Think OSU thought they were going to lose when last year's team left for an easy game in the state of Iowa? Think Custard was worried about losing?

I'm all for confidence, and have preached it here before. But being blindy cocky is asking for trouble.

Sure, we CAN lose, but will we? I don't think so. See? Confidence.

Not for sure what your point is or why you put a ? after See. Are you suggesting that I don't understand the use of the word confidence? No where did I say we couldn't win, nor anywhere in my post did I imply that I didn't think we wouldn't win. But I bet you don't have enough fingers to count the times we (fans) were confident we (UGA) would win in Jacksonville because we (UGA) had the better team.

See?

My response was because of your "blindly cocky" comment. No need to get defensive. All good fun here. And yeah, I am rarely confident going into the UF game, but we are in a much much better position than they are right now. It's easy to think we can win this year.

Cool.. didnt mean to get snippy... sorry..... my blindly cocky comment was based on other posts in this thread such as "i'm not even considering us losing to UF this year" and " anyone who thinks the gaytors will beat us is delusional." That's blind cockiness.

I have said in previous posts that we as fans need to start thinking like bama fans (the rational ones). I expect to win every week, but i also understand that we are going to get everyone's best.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Gaytors are weak and any preseason rankings this year will mean only one thing that they are over rated just like last year. Mullen has won nothing at State and will win nothing at FU. Richt will out recruit him at the U hands down.....cocky uh no.....realistic yes gaytors s u c k period and will for the next 2-3 years

edited April 2018

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Woul> @JRT812 said:

Thought people acted as we would, but I guess the word could is more appropriate

You know how you go to other team's forum to have a rational discussion and all they can do is talk about how bad our fan base is, well.......

Can you pick em out?

If saying the gaytors s u c k is being a bad fan then pick me lol

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Who is "everyone" that is thinking this?

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Woul> @JRT812 said:

Thought people acted as we would, but I guess the word could is more appropriate

As one of the people who thought South Carolina was Georgia's most dangerous game. I will try and make the case again. South Carolina is not the best team Georgia will play. In my opinion that is either Auburn or LSU. However South Carolina is the second game and for that reason is a more likely upset. It is much more likely that Georgia's DB's and/or LB's will make unforced errors in the second game than in either the 7 or 10 game.

@ghostofuga1 said:

Everyone who does not agree that FU would beat us is my guess, but anyone wanting a UGA win over FU is a bad fan

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

1...uf should never be a "bad" team...2. All uga fans want uga on top of a powerful east vs a down east...3... even though there is a playoff its still a bit of beauty pageant.....it also bears repeating ...uf should never be bad.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@dawgnms said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

Everyone who does not agree that FU would beat us is my guess, but anyone wanting a UGA win over FU is a bad fan

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's due to recent history. Looking at reality rather than history, one can see that Florida has a significant talent gap and they will be switching to an entirely different system on offense which will ultimately take a lot of time for the players (who were recruited for a different system) to learn. They are 2 years out (at least) from being truly competitive (assuming they recruit very well and the transition goes well).

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jgf1031 said:

@WCDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:
    I'm writing this game off as a W as well. Sure, it's a rivalry game, but UF is in re-build mode, not reload like we are. I'm banking on a 34-17 type win.

Bama has perpetual #1 classes going back as far as any non-true freshman on their team.
    We're at least a year away from having their level of stockpiled veteran talent to replace those we lose.

We have more depth than UF by FAR. But either way, the fact still stands that they are re-building, we are not.

We really have little gauge of where UF is, we only have how they performed under a previous staff to go by.
    They have recruited well enough to field a good team.
    Also, we did lose a lot in both production and leadership, all at key positions.
    We're ''rebuilding'' the secondary, ILB and OLB units, our top RBs, LT and leading receiver from 2017 are also gone.

@WCDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:

@WCDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:

We really have little gauge of where UF is, we only have how they performed under a previous staff to go by.
    They have recruited well enough to field a good team.
    Also, we did lose a lot in both production and leadership, all at key positions.
    We're ''rebuilding'' the secondary, ILB and OLB units, our top RBs, LT and leading receiver from 2017 are also gone.

⬆️⬆️⬆️ This.. well said

@dawgnms said:
    If saying the gaytors s u c k is being a bad fan then pick me lol

First, I never mentioned any specific post or anyone by name, but its funny you seem to think I was talking about you.

Second, I never said the gators didnt sux. And I hate them just as much as anyone. But you said "anyone who thinks the gaytors can beat us is delusional." That's a very broad statement implying that anyone who doesnt agree with you must be out of their mind. If you stand by your statement, then pick me.

Again I will point out that I bet OSU fans were extremely confident when the buckeyes rolled into little ole Iowa. Do you honestly think that Iowa is better than UF (even during an off year).

Its not a matter of not believing that we can't/shouldn't win. Its a matter of believing that we could possibly lose.

@oldon42 said:

@JRT812 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Woul> @JRT812 said:

As one of the people who thought South Carolina was Georgia's most dangerous game. I will try and make the case again. South Carolina is not the best team Georgia will play. In my opinion that is either Auburn or LSU. However South Carolina is the second game and for that reason is a more likely upset. It is much more likely that Georgia's DB's and/or LB's will make unforced errors in the second game than in either the 7 or 10 game.

I understand, but the biggest red flag about the game is the same for both teams. It’s early in the season for either side.

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

BamaDawg quote of the day: I expect to win every week, but i also understand that we are going to get everyone's best.

Kirby learned this from lord Saben (I'm assuming for all you Ga lawyers) and is the reason history has no bearing on the future I've never seen Georgia teams better prepared each week, though I do question the Auburn game last year.
    Still believe SC is the most likely game Georgia could, as in potentially and not predictively, lay an egg. Auburn is closest in talent and my greatest concern and LSU will just be fun. It will also be fun pounding the swamp lizards AGAIN and the orange people up north.
    11-1 not sure what will happen in the SEC championship game with Bama but should be another epic matchup.
    Time to watch some Dawgball gentlemen!