Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Believe taking him out was just precautionary and he should be fine

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Bullpen doing their thing 😢
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CTD. I agree, at worst there might be swelling and he misses a turn.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wei need a closer.

• Options
    edited June 2019

No doubt we need a closer. We're still 6-3 in 1 run games in June. If we had just a good closer we'd be 11 games up.

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jackson scares me with all the walks. Tries too hard to throw a “strikeout” pitch every time. Bring the heat and get them out.

• Options
    UWGDawgUWGDawg Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Luke Jackson has to have naked pictures of Snit that he’s holding over his head. 

This is beyond ridiculous. 
  • Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn't see the game, but it's never a good look when their pitcher hits our pitcher. Real smooth Voth. Is that what they teach you in double A ball?

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ran into a proud Nats fan at a dog park up here in CT. Yesterday he was talking up Trevor Rosenthal as a comeback success story, but the first thing he said today when he saw me was "that didn't last long".

• Options
    Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Rookie and Single-A level leagues use the DH in all games. At the Double-A and Triple-A level, when both teams are National League affiliates, pitchers may bat, but I was really just kidding when I said Folty needs to go down and work on his swing. Too late for that. Although very few MLB pitchers are good hitters, pretty much all of them were at some level of baseball. Most all could hit really well in HS or Pony League or at least in Little League. With his swing, I kinda doubt Folty was ever even a good hitter in T-Ball.

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

A few weeks in the minors will be the best thing for Folty. He knows he's a mess right now, but he is frustrated because he does not know what to do to fix it. The coaches in the minors will coach him back up and hopefully get him back on track to help out the team later in the year, probably in the pen.

• Options

We might be seeing a fatal flaw in Folty's makeup, I hope not. He is very down on himself right now. Constructive self criticism is good, but Folty seems to be beating himself up in a destructive way.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WC - I agree. A good sport psychologist/performance coach or just a good baseball coach might be what it takes for him. I agree that his meter is running though and time is flying by.

• Options

Comparing Folty's huge team value last season to his negative value so far this season the team clearly has all the incentive to do whatever might help him return to form. If that means getting the best sports psychologist in the business and pay him 2 times his usual rate to work exclusively with Folty for awhile, by all means do it.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thoughts on Folty to the pen and Newcomb back into rotation ?

• Options

Etc. The movie For The Love Of The Game used actual well tested methods some pitchers use to 'clear' their heads before a pitch. Again, whatever it takes, I think this is a moment of imperative for Folty, pull all the stops.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Just a thought maybe someone like Smoltz could talk to him and work with him. I know many times the Braves have brought Chipper in to work with Freddie, Dansby, and others when struggling at the plate. So why not bring a pitcher who kinda of knows the struggles and has a history of arm and anger issues. 
  • Options

dbrown. I'm all for it. Smoltz is a great communicator as well.

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

They already said they're returning Newcomb to the pen on Tuesday. They're returning to looking at Bryse Wilson it looks like.

This discussion has been closed.