Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Snit has made Nick and Freddie sit more so far this year than he did last year. Sunday is typically the sit day for these guys. They will make a pinch hit appearance during the game. But any one in the game will tell you Nick is one of the best hitters in the game especially when runners are in scoring position. 
  • Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I applaud him for it. The season is very long and tiring. It's nice that a guy wants to play every day, but it makes little sense. Rest up some and be closer to your best for 150-155 games than sub-par for a bunch of the. Plus the Braves' bench i good enough to make up for some of that lost production due to rest. Plus, the bench guys need AB's to be sharp when they are really needed.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

pretty funny and smart of AA not to get into too many of these whopping long term contracts. We got Ronald and Ozzie quite frugally I think

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can add another to Acuna's 17 homers now.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anybody know why Fox Sports South is televising boxing instead of The Braves' game ?

• Options

Yet another 1 run come from behind win tonight. This team never seems to let the ups and downs bother it. Snitker might have some of Bobby Cox's incredible ability to keep players focused and never carry a loss into the next game. Newcomb hasn't given up an earned run over 9 games and 13 innings, he has lowered his ERA to 2.06.The pen has been really good of late.

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Ozzie for all star starter
  • Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luke looked sharp and confident tonight. More innings like that and we might have ourselves something.

• Options

Yep, Jackson might be putting it together. Maybe Snitker knew something.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Camargo is getting the start tonight, not over Markakis but over Riley.

• Options

Riley is struggling a little bit right now...good time for a rest and to work on some things.

• Options
    It’s a good move Riley hasn’t sat out many games and Wrigley is a tough place to play for any outfielder 
  • Options
    Also with any rookies you got to pace them through their first season in the bigs since the minors don’t play 162 game season. If he missed about 21- 30 games spread through out the year he should be fine and have something in the tank for post season. 
  • Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. He's whiffing a little bit too much right now. I get that a power hitter will strike out more than others, but he's striking out nearly 1.5 times per game. Also, he's batting .333 at home and .213 on the road.

• Options

It's a good move to give a rookie a breather when he gets in a funk at the plate. Let him decompress a bit and get some rest.

• Options
    He is over swinging right now and needs to be more selective. I get the go up there swinging but he needs to be more selective. He has a good approach by being on top of the plate which makes it difficult to pitch inside but he got to be more selective on the outer half
  • Options

I asked last night and here it is again. Does anybody know why The Braves' game is listed on the Fox Sports South schedule but they are running boxing for the second night in a row ? I'm using The Spectrum TV app, but it seems unlikely they'd run separate programing for the app.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I’ve got it on Fox Sports South East, not FSS
  • Options

It's not at all uncommon for a physically gifted young hitter to have quick success, then pitchers figure him out a bit and he either makes adjustments or like Frenchy and others, he's never the same again.

I don't think that is what's going on with Riley, but there is that possibility.

This discussion has been closed.