Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    If this game doesn’t show management that we need better pitching nothing will.
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Muffingod. I'm not sure what management can do at this time other than bring somebody else up from the minors and hope he's ready. Chicago is notorious for being hitter friendly in day games. The wind is blowing out today, that sometimes means a 14-13 game.

• Options
    I’m thinking trade but I don’t know for who yet as the deadline is a month out, but someone will come available but it’ll be a steep price for sure.  Who knows if it’ll be worth it at this point as we don’t know what the ask will be but  I’d just hate to have this teams talent wasted because they didn’t exhaust every option to get better at pitching.
    I thought Wilson looked pretty good up until that 4th inning and then it seemed to me like he got frustrated and let the Cubs get to him.  **** happens and everyone has an off day, I hope he gets another chance but he needs time along with some of the other guys in the minors and I’m not sure this team can give those guys the time they need this year.
  • Options
    Also, this sucks watching Kimbrel pitch against the Braves
  • Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Wilson showed some flashes. Not everyone can be Soroka at 21, a young prodigy due to their mind. That said, his arsenal is short and if you like him as a SP, he should probably even be in Mississippi but they pushed him pretty aggressively.

Edit: That having been said, here's another game you can pin mostly on defense.

• Options

I'm not quite ready to give up on the pitching we already have in the organization. If Wilson's not up to it, try the next guy. If Folty gets his shiit together in Gwinnett he might help, but I'm not counting on it.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Congrats to Freddie and Acuna on being voted to start for National League in all-star game lineup. New voting procedure seemed to work pretty well, as all the elected NL starters are having all-star worthy season’s.

• Options
    edited June 2019

Freddie beating out Josh Bell was a bit of a surprise. Acuna should have beaten out Charlie Blackman easily. Blackman is another Rockies player propped up by the thin air of Coors Field. He has 14 hr at home, just 4 on the road. Both Braves players have the stats to make a good case. FF and Acuna deserve the honor though.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

yep, the kid seems pretty solid. I suspect there will be a spot urine check for the bullpen one of these days. What's gotten into them?

• Options
    edited June 2019

I'm as surprised as anybody in the pen of late, let's hope it holds. Right now Soroka is easily the number 2 candidate for The NL Cy Young Award, and number 1 got hammered in his last start.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luke keeps figuring out a way to get the job done. Our bullpen has turned into a strength. Julio is going to wear our bullpen out if he doesn’t figure out how to go deeper in the game, even in his good games he’s lucky to go more than five innings. June has been a great month for this team.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Luke earned this one. I give him credit because he basically pitched a four out save since Freddie rarely makes errors. 35 year old and 22 year old rookie go back to back to win it
  • Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree Freddie Freeman error did not help, but Luke pitched around it.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Luke actually had to get 5 outs. Ball four on the walk was really strike 3. 
  • Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was certainly questionable. Even more reason to be impressed

• Options

It was a strike, the triangulated box proved it. It's ridiculous to still be letting umps call balls and strikes when there is a fool proof alternative. Think about this. In a study on pitches close to the edge of the strike zone umps were getting around 50% correct. In other words you could flip a coin and be right as often on close pitches as umps are.

• Options

Another win tonight, 9-2 was the final. Bryce Wilson had a good start. 2 earned runs over 6 innings. Jacob Webb continues to be money. He pitched the 9th and now has a 1.19 ERA. Newcomb pitched 2 innings without giving up a run. Acuna had 3 strike outs. He now has 8 3 strike out games this season and they have all come in stretches where he's whiffing a lot over several games. All of his 3 strike out games have come when he had 10 over 5 games, 10 over 5 games, 6 over 2 games and 8 over 3 games, they come in bunches.

• Options

Mike Soroka has already been hammered by Philly in the 1st inning for 6 hits and 4 earned runs. I'm now a bit worried. This is the 4th straight start he hasn't been dominant, but this is his 1st really bad outing.

This discussion has been closed.