Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@RPMdawg said:
    Could be wrong. Thought we were up about 5 pts on bama after Johnson commit. It's now less than a 1/4 pt on 247 comp. Without a player addition.

i think we were only up like less than a point.

Wasn't sure

• Options
    dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2018

About Next .. Glad no commits last two days. Kept it about the team starting practice. No doubt there guys on commit ready. I believe some of the ones we think are next might be our 2nd choice to higher board options. We are not going to short us taking the best and have the best roster when better options avail.
    We are going to get some 5 star looks that you never say coming count on it. Also can see another DL big transfer added to the next fall like this year. This UGA roosters a privilege earned by the best of the best.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@coastaldawg said:
    The way DJ Daniel talked when we offered him, I thought he would have committed by now. See where Perry visited Auburn after The Reveal, he could be worried that there will not be a spot in our class for him.

Lots of moving parts to recruiting Kirby’s plans. Hearing at least 2 more would be public commits as of today if it were solely up to them.

The alternative is to accept verbals and then possible have situations like Cheaney, Brule, etc.

This makes sense. Space is starting to fill up in this class

• Options
    superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We would have a full class right now if we took commitments from everyone who has tried...

• Options
    BrianDawgBrianDawg Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2018

@brentwilson said:

@RPMdawg said:
    Could be wrong. Thought we were up about 5 pts on bama after Johnson commit. It's now less than a 1/4 pt on 247 comp. Without a player addition.

Part of that was - originally Johnson was only ranked by 24/7 = .94. He has since been ranked by rivals which his score now is a .92

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BrianDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@RPMdawg said:

Part of that was - originally Johnson was only ranked by 24/7 = .94. He has since been ranked by rivals which his score now is a .92

that shouldn’t effect the class ranks on 247 tho.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

Could it be the bama " we didn't get you so you're not as good as everybody thought" effect we hear about

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@BrianDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@RPMdawg said:

24/7 is a composite, so once rivals rated him that score factored in to the composite

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@BrianDawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@RPMdawg said:

24/7 is a composite, so once rivals rated him that score factored in to the composite

oh i forgot the composite combines everything

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg , what’s your guess on the 2019 class size?

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg said:

23-24 is what’s been thrown out there by some of our “in the know” posters. That’s what I’m rolling with, 23 new recruits and the 24th being Walthour.

• Options

That’s about what I’m thinking, can see us signing 22 or 23 in early signing period and saving a spot or two for late signees, graduate transfers, or Walthour.

• Options

@coastaldawg said:
    That’s about what I’m thinking, can see us signing 22 or 23 in early signing period and saving a spot or two for late signees, graduate transfers, or Walthour.

Walthour probably has a spot and probably Elam if he wants in too

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg said:

Pretty sure transfers don’t impact your #of signees. I think it just goes against your 85 max limit of scholarship players.

• Options
    edited August 2018

@bmauldin said:
    Pretty sure transfers don’t impact your #of signees. I think it just goes against your 85 max limit of scholarship players.

That's right, scholarship spots will determine the size of this class

• Options
    Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@coastaldawg said:

23-24 is what’s been thrown out there by some of our “in the know” posters. That’s what I’m rolling with, 23 new recruits and the 24th being Walthour.

I think these "in the know" posters should have to surrender their "in the know" credentials since these same "in the know" posters proved that last season they didn't know squat when they missed on our final total of 26 recruits. They unanimously, to a man, were wrong. So, in other words, feel free to make your own guess. As for me , I'm gonna say 25 recruits this year. But truthfully, I have no clue if this will be right.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg said:

@bmauldin said:

That's right, scholarship spots will determine the size of this class

Yes and no. Can’t always determine how many are leaving early or transferring.
    I can’t remember the rule exactly but there is a number that you can’t recruit over per year and also over a five year span I believe.

• Options
    edited August 2018

@bmauldin said

Yes and no. Can’t always determine how many are leaving early or transferring.
    I can’t remember the rule exactly but there is a number that you can’t recruit over per year and also over a five year span I believe.

You're right, I'm saying that I don't think we clear enough spots to get that big a class, but I think it's possible if staff wants to clear that many spots

• Options
    DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg said:
    The way DJ Daniel talked when we offered him, I thought he would have committed by now. See where Perry visited Auburn after The Reveal, he could be worried that there will not be a spot in our class for him.

Who could knock Jalen out of the class? Or, maybe the question should be, what kind of finish could we have for the last spots that knocks him out of the class? I thought he was a definite take.

This discussion has been closed.