Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What Braves should do now...

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now that the Braves have an established team, I say we trade Albies, Acuña, Markakis, Swanson, Folty, and Newcomb for some farm league prospects and build a new stadium... who’s with me?

Comments

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2018

@brentwilson said:
    Now that the Braves have an established team, I say we trade Albies, Acuña, Markakis, Swanson, Folty, and Newcomb for some farm league prospects and build a new stadium... who’s with me?

The previous established team was never gonna win in the playoffs. Way too many Ks and not enough consistent hitting. Also paying a closer 10 million a year is ridiculous. I understand Kimbrel is awesome, but the math breaks down like this 70 appearances/yr(high for a closer) and 15 pitches/inning is $9500 PER PITCH. I loved all the trades that brought this team together excluding a couple( It hurt to lose Simmons). Much more consistent hitting and way less Ks. We bring in one power bat like Machado and I think we contend next year.

• Options

@MODawg said:

@brentwilson said:

The previous established team was never gonna win in the playoffs. Way too many Ks and not enough consistent hitting. Also paying a closer 10 million a year is ridiculous. I understand Kimbrel is awesome, but the math breaks down like this 70 appearances/yr(high for a closer) and 15 pitches/inning is $9500 PER PITCH. I loved all the trades that brought this team together excluding a couple( It hurt to lose Simmons). Much more consistent hitting and way less Ks. We bring in one power bat like Machado and I think we contend next year.

i think we can contend this year but that’s just me

• Options

@brentwilson said:

@MODawg said:

@brentwilson said:

The Astros and Red Sox are really good though. I think we give these young arms another year and they are really gonna take a step forward into being an elite rotation. But hey you never know in the playoffs. I definitely want you to be right.

• Options

@MODawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@MODawg said:

@brentwilson said:

The Astros and Red Sox are really good though. I think we give these young arms another year and they are really gonna take a step forward into being an elite rotation. But hey you never know in the playoffs. I definitely want you to be right.

i think we could benefit from trading for a few experience relievers, combine that with hot hitting and were right in the mix for it

• Options

@brentwilson said:

@MODawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@MODawg said:

@brentwilson said:

i think we could benefit from trading for a few experience relievers, combine that with hot hitting and were right in the mix for it

I wouldn't complain if the Braves win it all in November and the Dawgs do the same in January. (Falcons and Hawks ain't winning nothing, that's just based on previous experience)

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fun team to watch for sure. By end of next season, when. Allard is here, you’re lookin at the best rotation in MLB.

• Options
    JackLatttyJackLattty Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Fun team to watch for sure. By end of next season, when. Allard is here, you’re lookin at the best rotation in MLB.

I think the disAstros and Indians might have something to say about that

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@MODawg said:

@brentwilson said:

Mariano Ravera was EASILY the most valuable player on 4 Yankees championship teams.
    I agree that it's rare for one to be that much better than average though.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JackLattty said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

I think the disAstros and Indians might have something to say about that

Dodgers and Nats as well.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

I am as long as most of the prospects have had at least one Tommy John surgery.

• Options

Newcombe, Folty, Soroka, Allard, and ????????

Lookin like Julio is good as gone. I’m hoping Gohara is the 5th, but he’s not ready to be consistent.

Yup, time to call up Medlin.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:

Lookin like Julio is good as gone. I’m hoping Gohara is the 5th, but he’s not ready to be consistent.

Medlen retired about a month ago.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s looking like Keith Hernandez was right when he criticized the Braves bullpen a few weeks ago. To go anywhere in the playoffs, we are going to have to upgrade our relief pitching. Some relievers have shown promise, such as Winkler, Minter, Carle, and Biddle, but Moylan and Freeman have struggled too often when brought in. Vizcaino has great stuff but scares me every time they bring him in to close a game. They are going to have to move some of their young minor league pitchers to the bullpen or trade for some proven relievers. Maybe trade Tehran, McCarthy, or Gohara.

• Options

@Teddy said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

I liked ol’ Medlin.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One more slugger and bull pin help all that’s needed.

• Options

@orlando said:

They need Acuna back in the lineup.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@orlando said:

They need Acuna back in the lineup.

Absolutely, he’s only going to get better and better.

• Options

@Teddy said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

Just me bein facetious again. I be doin that.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Braves will not be shoe to trade Julio or McCarthy due to their atrocious pitching (long balls allowed and walks). Should have traded Julio 3 years ago.

• Options

@LD10 said:
    Braves will not be shoe to trade Julio or McCarthy due to their atrocious pitching (long balls allowed and walks). Should have traded Julio 3 years ago.

I feel like a yo yo with Julio. Just no consistency at all. I hope a young guy in the minors can come and take his place.