Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Braves traded 3 good prospects for a .205 hitter...

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Adam Duvall is 29, he's a career .239 hitter who is hitting .205 with a .289 OBP this season.
    What a lame arse move.

He was brought in as a sub player (corner outfield spots & 1st Base) along with a right handed bat off the bench.

As mentioned above, the guys trades were no longer in the Braves front offices long term plans. Didn’t give up the farm for rental (which I love) but got better on the bench, which along with relief were glaring holes.

.205 BA and .289 OBP is not getting better in any way.

Obviously the Braves brass forgot to give you a call for approval. My guess is they know what they are doing.

Not sure I'd agree with that. They are making value judgements, and, for every good trade, their is an equally bad trade out there somewhere. The Braves don't have to look far to find some bad trades. "Brass" doesn't always know what it's doing. Time will tell if this is a helpful trade. Hopefully, Kevin Seitzer can get Duvall's strikeouts down and his balls in play up a bit.

• Options
    PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MacDawg15 said:

@PeachCoDawg said:

No, I gotcha @MacDawg15. I didn't want Machado anyway. No way we would've worked a deal out. I was just saying in general....Don't puzzyfoot around! I wouldn't trade the bat boy for this guy. I can't watch baseball anymore anyway. Too slow

@MacDawg15 said
    Well it can go like this. He does absolutely nothing for us, but we still didn't lose anybody that was in our future plans. OR the dude could come up with some big hits to help win a few games here and there. And yes .205 is terrible but have you ever hit off of big league pitching? My 1st career pro ball hit was off of Pedro Bourbon and even at the last days of his career looked pretty **** salty from an on deck circle. These guys are facing the best arms on earth.. I assure you as slow as it may look on tv, it **** sure ain't like that when your in the box and hear the ball coming in.....

I agree somewhat. I'll sit back and see. It's really just a knee jerk reaction to the Braves staying in mediocrity. You played pro ball? I played HS and 2 years at GA Southwestern as a walk on. Played against many future pros, especially from Jones Co. Only pro I hit against was Kevin Brown. That was the shhhhhh......

Yea Bourbon, Steve Bourgouis (used to be with the Rockies), and some lesser known guys that may have just had a short splash in the show. Bourbon hit me in the middle of the back after I singled off him up the middle in my 1st AB against him lol.

Very cool lol. Good story! That cat could sling it even in his later years

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know you remember a certain Ga hs boy the Braves took in the 1st round in 01? He used to get a tude bcuz I prob hit over .500 against him in hs. Same region

• Options

@PeachCoDawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@PeachCoDawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@PeachCoDawg said:
    At least I'll always have '91,'92, and 95. Those were magical years. The whole streak was good baseball, but embarrassing playoff losses, especially '96. Smoltz was the man. That Game 7 duel w/ Jack Morris is one of the best games I've ever seen. What a beautiful delivery he had.

Lame trade. All or nothing swinger. Good glove. But
    .205? Come on Braves! If you're gonna make a move, then make a MOVE. We're not going anywhere this year anyway. Just a few games over .500 now. They're losing it

Guys all the studs have already been traded.. There are no Machado's left out there to trade for..

No, I gotcha @MacDawg15. I didn't want Machado anyway. No way we would've worked a deal out. I was just saying in general....Don't puzzyfoot around! I wouldn't trade the bat boy for this guy. I can't watch baseball anymore anyway. Too slow.
    Actually I'll just sit n see. Maybe we get some production out of him. I just hate trading guys for next to nothing

Lol for nothing? WTH were the other 3 doing to help us win ballgames?

Dude I'm just disagreeing. You wanna argue or what? I went back and changed my post while you were still writing. I thought you'd be someone cool to talk baseball with.....???

No hostility from me brother lol. I was just trying to stress those 3 guys haven't and aren't doing anything for us lol. Wasn't meaning any harm.

• Options

@MacDawg15 said:
    I know you remember a certain Ga hs boy the Braves took in the 1st round in 01? He used to get a tude bcuz I prob hit over .500 against him in hs. Same region

You mean...****... I know who you're talking about. My brother played against him. Can't remember his name for anything. Seems like it started with a J. White or black guy? I'm thinking it was either Rondale White or Green's cousin or nephew. Just can't remember

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MacDawg15 said:
    He worked in relief with us and got lit like a candle in the dark, but more specifically didn't have command of his pitches. Who cares if you throw a devastating slider and filthy changeup if you can't spot it up?

Have you watched much baseball, specifically MLB ?

It's not uncommon for players with arm talent to gain control relatively late. It's unheard of for hitters who can't hit to start hitting at 29 years old or older.
    This is about Liberty finding the absolute cheapest option on the market.

• Options

Spell check mistake

• Options

@donm said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Adam Duvall is 29, he's a career .239 hitter who is hitting .205 with a .289 OBP this season.
    What a lame arse move.

He was brought in as a sub player (corner outfield spots & 1st Base) along with a right handed bat off the bench.

As mentioned above, the guys trades were no longer in the Braves front offices long term plans. Didn’t give up the farm for rental (which I love) but got better on the bench, which along with relief were glaring holes.

Obviously the Braves brass forgot to give you a call for approval. My guess is they know what they are doing.

Not sure I'd agree with that. They are making value judgements, and, for every good trade, their is an equally bad trade out there somewhere. The Braves don't have to look far to find some bad trades. "Brass" doesn't always know what it's doing. Time will tell if this is a helpful trade. Hopefully, Kevin Seitzer can get Duvall's strikeouts down and his balls in play up a bit.

This is a CHEAP move...period.

• Options

@PeachCoDawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

You mean...****... I know who you're talking about. My brother played against him. Can't remember his name for anything. Seems like it started with a J. White or black guy? I'm thinking it was either Rondale White or Green's cousin or nephew. Just can't remember

initials were MM

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@donm said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    What a lame arse move.

They were not going to make any big moves this year ( as most in the know say the team is ahead of schedule). Expecting them to and complaining on anything less is pointless.

The good trade / bad trade portion of your comment seems equivalent to be just sitting on the fence.

What I meant was, obviously the brass has a plan in place and valued this player over the theee traded. It may work or it won’t.

I never once said I liked the trade or this is going to be the trade to put us over the top.

• Options

@PeachCoDawg said:

No, I gotcha @MacDawg15. I didn't want Machado anyway. No way we would've worked a deal out. I was just saying in general....Don't puzzyfoot around! I wouldn't trade the bat boy for this guy. I can't watch baseball anymore anyway. Too slow

@MacDawg15 said
    Well it can go like this. He does absolutely nothing for us, but we still didn't lose anybody that was in our future plans. OR the dude could come up with some big hits to help win a few games here and there. And yes .205 is terrible but have you ever hit off of big league pitching? My 1st career pro ball hit was off of Pedro Bourbon and even at the last days of his career looked pretty **** salty from an on deck circle. These guys are facing the best arms on earth.. I assure you as slow as it may look on tv, it **** sure ain't like that when your in the box and hear the ball coming in.....

I agree somewhat. I'll sit back and see. It's really just a knee jerk reaction to the Braves staying in mediocrity. You played pro ball? I played HS and 2 years at GA Southwestern as a walk on. Played against many future pros, especially from Jones Co. Only pro I hit against was Kevin Brown. That was the shhhhhh......

You pussed out.

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    What a lame arse move.

Trash post.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:
    He worked in relief with us and got lit like a candle in the dark, but more specifically didn't have command of his pitches. Who cares if you throw a devastating slider and filthy changeup if you can't spot it up?

It's not uncommon for players with arm talent to gain control relatively late. It's unheard of for hitters who can't hit to start hitting at 29 years old or older.

Dude I was a catcher, played 3 yrs of minor league ball and have ran a baseball academy for hs and college players for a decade but I have no idea how MLB works. I was unaware some people like Sherzer pick it up a lil later than a stud like Kershaw.. Are you serious??

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@PeachCoDawg said:

@MacDawg15 said

You pussed out.

Not totally. I'm sticking to my guns that it was a **** trade but willing to see it play out. He could help in certain situations but still a **** trade

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    What a lame arse move.

Trash post.

Trash poster^

• Options

@MacDawg15 said:

@PeachCoDawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

initials were MM

N I remember a **** good catcher that we let go that was working bagging groceries or something but won a ring with the Astros.. He **** sure wasn't 24... Baseball isn't like other sports. Chipper used to struggle against a certain guy but McCann had a field day off of him.. It's inexplainable and what makes it intriguing.

• Options

@MacDawg15 said:

@WCDawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Dude I was a catcher, played 3 yrs of minor league ball and have ran a baseball academy for hs and college players for a decade but I have no idea how MLB works. I was unaware some people like Sherzer pick it up a lil later than a stud like Kershaw.. Are you serious??

Then why do you assume a young pitcher with arm talent won't have future value ?

• Options

@MacDawg15 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@PeachCoDawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

initials were MM

N I remember a **** good catcher that we let go that was working bagging groceries or something but won a ring with the Astros.. He **** sure wasn't 24... Baseball isn't like other sports. Chipper used to struggle against a certain guy but McCann had a field day off of him.. It's inexplainable and what makes it intriguing.

Where did Saltalamachia go? If I ever came close to spelling that right it's all good

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    What a lame arse move.

Trash post.

Trash poster^

Trash person.

• Options

@PeachCoDawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@PeachCoDawg said:

@MacDawg15 said:

initials were MM

Where did Saltalamachia go? If I ever came close to spelling that right it's all good

The Rangers if my memory serves me correctly. He was a starter for several years.