Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Camp Fire is shaping up as our worst natural disaster since Katrina..

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:
    ....and how many times did the OP said he was done with this thread and just kept dragging it on and on and on....attention seeking behavior if I’ve ever seen it

I never said I'm done with this thread, I said I'm done with a couple of posters . Careful the ignorance doesn't infect you.

C’mon man......admit it. You’re just loving all the attention right now, ain’t ya??

And in both instances, Democrats were the governors.

Interesting that you brought the governor up, R&B. Apparently this one is raging on the left wing FB pages and they are trying to get the spin out. Governor Moonbeam vetoed a bill (passed unanimously in both houses) a couple of years ago that would have specifically required utilities to look at forest fire mitigation techniques around utilities. Unbelievable.

Brown is getting a lot of heat because his veto, in many people's eyes, seems to have been a possible contributor in this fire. Snopes has even tried entering the fight, applying their liberal spin on the veto, and the state legislator who sponsored the bill has taken on Snopes, pointing out their spin and errors (fact checking the so called fact checkers). I'm with you, though. It is certainly an important issue, but why is this guy arguing incessantly on a Georgia Bulldog football site about it? And, busily insulting any and everybody who bothers to discuss it with any level of critical thinking. Bizarre.

I have very little in common with most of you, thank God.

I would hazard a guess that 98% of the bloggers on this forum share the exact same sentiment in their opinion of you.....

I doubt that, sheet heads always overestimate your numbers.
    It's because you're calling attention by posturing about and goose stepping.

“Sheet heads”? Are you referring to the Ku Klux Klan?
    Since when did they start admitting Asians? Boy, now you have really hurt my feelings....
    Stereotype much, WC Dawg??

He might have meant shiit head

I meant sheet heads, but the 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

Sigh... lefties try to bully you into submission, then turn around and call you the bully. It's part of the reason I reject the movement.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:
    ....and how many times did the OP said he was done with this thread and just kept dragging it on and on and on....attention seeking behavior if I’ve ever seen it

I never said I'm done with this thread, I said I'm done with a couple of posters . Careful the ignorance doesn't infect you.

C’mon man......admit it. You’re just loving all the attention right now, ain’t ya??

Interesting that you brought the governor up, R&B. Apparently this one is raging on the left wing FB pages and they are trying to get the spin out. Governor Moonbeam vetoed a bill (passed unanimously in both houses) a couple of years ago that would have specifically required utilities to look at forest fire mitigation techniques around utilities. Unbelievable.

Brown is getting a lot of heat because his veto, in many people's eyes, seems to have been a possible contributor in this fire. Snopes has even tried entering the fight, applying their liberal spin on the veto, and the state legislator who sponsored the bill has taken on Snopes, pointing out their spin and errors (fact checking the so called fact checkers). I'm with you, though. It is certainly an important issue, but why is this guy arguing incessantly on a Georgia Bulldog football site about it? And, busily insulting any and everybody who bothers to discuss it with any level of critical thinking. Bizarre.

I would hazard a guess that 98% of the bloggers on this forum share the exact same sentiment in their opinion of you.....

Since when did they start admitting Asians? Boy, now you have really hurt my feelings....

Sigh... lefties try to bully you into submission, then turn around and call you the bully. It's part of the reason I reject the movement.

Don't be shtupid, be a smarty, come and join your Nazi Party !

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:
    So this thread isn’t about “Wildfire” Tommy Rich?

It started out being about the sappy 1970s song, then a fire started and it morphed to Sheet heads vs lefties. For the life of me I don't recall mentioning a liberal point of view though, unless not caring for orange man is considered being liberal, if so most traditional republicans are lefties.

Actually what happened was it started out about the Cali fires. You made a very subtle remark about Trump and keeping the forest groomed. I keep up with things fairly well and I wasn't sure if that was what you were referring to. Then another poster asked what you were referring to and you assumed he was trolling you and here we are several pages later.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

I present you with exhibit A to reinforce my point.

• Options
    dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can’t believe I spent the time to read through this drivel. It’s the proverbial train wreck you can’t pull your eyes away from.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

It started out being about the sappy 1970s song, then a fire started and it morphed to Sheet heads vs lefties. For the life of me I don't recall mentioning a liberal point of view though, unless not caring for orange man is considered being liberal, if so most traditional republicans are lefties.

Actually what happened was it started out about the Cali fires. You made a very subtle remark about Trump and keeping the forest groomed. I keep up with things fairly well and I wasn't sure if that was what you were referring to. Then another poster asked what you were referring to and you assumed he was trolling you and here we are several pages later.

Just goes to show, wherever you go, there you are.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

What actually happened was that our middle school contributor, WCDawg, can’t seem to have a normal discussion without going over the cliff. As people get older, they start acting like they did in childhood (senility), so apparently WC is in about 7th grade. His weird anti-Justin Fields obsession, coupled with his gracious debating style, made a guy angry beyond reason (just one of many WC fans) and he assumed WC’s obsession was racially motivated and he has called him a klansman and a sheethead. As all middle school boys do when one of their buddies or enemies calls them a name, they use it right back on them, so everybody who disagrees with WC on any subject is now a member of the KKK! At some point it does get pretty funny.

• Options

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

The first post about raking the forest was not mine. The White Nationalist Front just took exception to my response.

• Options

@donm said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

Just goes to show, wherever you go, there you are.

And there YOU are.

• Options

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

I present you with exhibit A to reinforce my point.

I think you'd run through the entire alphabet prior to that post.

• Options

@YaleDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

I don't get the hate for snopes. They have essentially zero bias. Search occupy Democrats or the other 98% on snopes and it's pretty much them trashing all the dumb memes they share on facebook. That's one example but they do a good job of defending R's from unfounded claims as well. I think because trump generates so many stories they are becoming saturated with stuff about Republicans in general.

Yale, you probably think CNN is unbiased, too? Confirmation bias is hard to admit and even recognize in ourselves. Look at the Snopes entry on this one and then look at the fact checking article by the representative who sponsored the bill. CA is a very liberal state, and the bill passed unanimously in both houses! Snopes can be used, but many (besides me) feel they have a strong liberal bias.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:

@YaleDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

I don't get the hate for snopes. They have essentially zero bias. Search occupy Democrats or the other 98% on snopes and it's pretty much them trashing all the dumb memes they share on facebook. That's one example but they do a good job of defending R's from unfounded claims as well. I think because trump generates so many stories they are becoming saturated with stuff about Republicans in general.

Yale, you probably think CNN is unbiased, too? Confirmation bias is hard to admit and even recognize in ourselves. Look at the Snopes entry on this one and then look at the fact checking article by the representative who sponsored the bill. CA is a very liberal state, and the bill passed unanimously in both houses! Snopes can be used, but many (besides me) feel they have a strong liberal bias.

Nah CNN definitely has a left leaning bias

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell not sure if we'll be voting for more forum awards anytime soon. But if so, can we nominate this thread for "worst thread of the year?" Thanks in advance for any consideration... I'd rather be talking about pincer movement/double envelopment or CBs height.

• Options
    edited November 2018

@donm said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

Yes, that is the organization I alluded to. Walk like a goose, post like a goose.

Now let’s get this straight...the picture WCDawg presents: An Asian man, goose stepping, in a white sheet, flashing white power sign....🤣
    As if only white males harbor conservative leanings? As a minority, I’ve found “liberals” to hold the worst stereotypes of other races....

It’s been fun, WCDawg, but this is becoming tiresome. However, tomorrow I’m expecting you to post a subject about delta smelt fish preservation of the San Joaquin Delta. Meanwhile, Go Dawgs!!

@YaleDawg said:

@benjaminwgregg said:

@YaleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

they just a bunch of **** RHINOs. TRUMP FOR EMPEROR

I didn't know they let people this dumb into yale. But I guess they let trump into Penn 🤷‍♂️

But for real why do you guys not like yale? It's not like I come on here to be condescending. I don't hold a candle to a lot of regular posters when it comes to football knowledge

I don’t hate Yale. One of my HS runners will start there next Fall. I’ll pull for them to beat Haa-Vaad.

JFK gave a great speech at Yale while president, it may have been a commencement speech.
    He ''complimented'' Yale by saying while Harvard was the best for academics, Yale couldn't be beat for social contacts.

• Options

@YaleDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@YaleDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

Nah CNN definitely has a left leaning bias

They're not as ''fair and balanced'' as some !.... B)

• Options

@Teddy said:
    @JeffSentell not sure if we'll be voting for more forum awards anytime soon. But if so, can we nominate this thread for "worst thread of the year?" Thanks in advance for any consideration... I'd rather be talking about pincer movement/double envelopment or CBs height.

Yet...here you are.
    Too bad we can't choose which threads we respond to.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:

@YaleDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

And facts don't care about your feelings. Isn't that something shapiro says a lot? Just because you feel like snopes is biased doesnt make it so. They do have a tendency to use some minorly charged language but they always remain factual and almost never delve into opinion. What's your opinion on conservative biased news like Fox? Is that also bad or do you just not like left leaning news?

• Options

@YaleDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@YaleDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

And facts don't care about your feelings. Isn't that something shapiro says a lot? Just because you feel like snopes is biased doesnt make it so. They do have a tendency to use some minorly charged language but they always remain factual and almost never delve into opinion. What's your opinion on conservative biased news like Fox? Is that also bad or do you just not like left leaning news?

That is why I gave you a factual example. Fox leans about as hard right as CNN leans left. I would love to see a network that just tries to present the news objectively. IMO, that would sell right now because people are tired of the partisan slant on everything from weather forecasts to financial news.

• Options

@PerroGrande said:

@YaleDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@YaleDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

That is why I gave you a factual example. Fox leans about as hard right as CNN leans left. I would love to see a network that just tries to present the news objectively. IMO, that would sell right now because people are tired of the partisan slant on everything from weather forecasts to financial news.

PBS News Hour is pretty straight forward. PBS has programs that lean left, but News Hour comes close to sticking to delivering the news.