Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Atlanta Braves

Dawg4Life912Dawg4Life912 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we don't end up signing a big time outfielder m, is like to see the braves give Austin Riley a shot in one of the corner spots and keep Comargo at third. I've yet to hear any type of rumor like this, not sure if he's capable or not. But I like thought

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg4Life912 said:
    If we don't end up signing a big time outfielder m, is like to see the braves give Austin Riley a shot in one of the corner spots and keep Comargo at third. I've yet to hear any type of rumor like this, not sure if he's capable or not. But I like thought

We need another really good bat in the lineup, we'd be a top 5 offense in MLB if we had good production from just 1 more spot in 2018. The Marlins catcher would be a huge plus if we could land him.

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Power bat is needed in the lineup. Still need to find a true #1 starter and serious bullpen help.

@CoachRob16 said:
    Power bat is needed in the lineup. Still need to find a true #1 starter and serious bullpen help.

I think we have the future #1 starter in the organization, we just don't know for sure who it will be.
    The pitching staff is still far from mature, but we have the material.
    No doubt we need another really solid bat that can bang 25 or so dingers. We're excellent when it comes to doubles though, top 2 in MLB if I remember correctly.

• Dawg4Life912Dawg4Life912 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

@Dawg4Life912 said:

We need another really good bat in the lineup, we'd be a top 5 offense in MLB if we had good production from just 1 more spot in 2018. The Marlins catcher would be a huge plus if we could land him.

Oh yeah man I agree on that, he's my top priority. Just don't sucks we're in the same division, may be to much to get him.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@CoachRob16 said:

I think we have the future #1 starter in the organization, we just don't know for sure who it will be.
    No doubt we need another really solid bat that can bang 25 or so dingers. We're excellent when it comes to doubles though, top 2 in MLB if I remember correctly.

Acuna can be that guy. If he wasn't hurt for that month, I'm sure he would have gone for 30+ dingers.

@Dawg4Life912 said:

If I remember correctly, I don't think the Braves are extending an offer to Markakis. If I was GM, I'd man the OF with Inciarte, Acuna, and Tucker (until we find a real replacement for Markakis), keep Camargo at 3B, Swanson at SS, Albies at 2B, Freddy at 1B, Suzuki at C, and trade Austin Riley for a pitcher and some prospects. I'd like to get rid of Gohara and probably S. Freeman and Bach.

edited October 2018

@DawgsofWar said:

@WCDawg said:

@CoachRob16 said:

Acuna can be that guy. If he wasn't hurt for that month, I'm sure he would have gone for 30+ dingers.

I factored Acuna in already. Albies won't likely repeat his spring bashAthon, I figure that will cancel out any added HRs we get from Acuna.

@DawgsofWar said:

@Dawg4Life912 said:

If I remember correctly, I don't think the Braves are extending an offer to Markakis. If I was GM, I'd man the OF with Inciarte, Acuna, and Tucker (until we find a real replacement for Markakis), keep Camargo at 3B, Swanson at SS, Albies at 2B, Freddy at 1B, Suzuki at C, and trade Austin Riley for a pitcher and some prospects. I'd like to get rid of Gohara and probably S. Freeman and Bach.

I hope we re-sign Markakis to a 2 year deal.

@WCDawg said:

@DawgsofWar said:

@Dawg4Life912 said:

I hope we re-sign Markakis to a 2 year deal.

https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/10/12/17967378/atlanta-braves-not-planning-on-extending-qualifying-offer-nick-markakis-per-report

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg4Life912 said:

Trying Riley out in a corner definitely has been talked about. Scouts have said he is athletic enough to be average to slightly below average defensively in a corner, but he hasn’t been playing there in the minors as far as I know. But there is no reason to move camargo off third into a corner outfield spot, camargo is really good defensively there.

But prospects are prospects. It is more likely that Riley is a Preston tucker type hitter than he is even a camargo type hitter. I’d rather we try and get a really good corner outfielder than slap Riley out there to go through his growing pains in a year we need to be trying to win the division and make a deep playoff push.

If the Braves had beat the Dodgers, do ya'll think we could beat the Brewers?

@DawgsofWar said:
    If the Braves had beat the Dodgers, do ya'll think we could beat the Brewers?

Playoffs are super small sample size, so anyone could win a 7 game series vs anyone. But the brewers are definitely a better team than the Braves this year. If we did beat the dodgers don’t think we would have beat the brewers. We gotta get us a josh hader, that guy is incredible.

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sign the Marlins catcher (JT Realmuto), resign Markakis and shore up the bull pen and watch us go!

edited October 2018

@georgiaboy said:
    Sign the Marlins catcher (JT Realmuto), resign Markakis and shore up the bull pen and watch us go!

@georgiaboy said:

Well ok then...let's do this !

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The pitching staff has to develop during the off season. Better command without a doubt. One move in the lineup would help obviously.

@TNDawg71 said:
    The pitching staff has to develop during the off season. Better command without a doubt. One move in the lineup would help obviously.

Both staff ERA and hitting were top 10 in MLB, so the record was no fluke.
    Pitching is probably going to be easier to repeat than hitting given the young arms we have.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TNDawg71 said:

Anyone know the difference between control and command? Is there a difference?

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@donm said:

@TNDawg71 said:

I don’t but I do know that they have to stop walking 9 per game!

@georgiaboy said:

@donm said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@donm said:

@TNDawg71 said:

I don’t but I do know that they have to stop walking 9 per game!

Control is the ability to throw strikes, command is the ability to hit spots.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@georgiaboy said:

Considering Realmuto isn’t a free agent, don’t think we’ll be signing him... We could trade for him, but it would take multiple top 100 prospects to get him and trading with division rivals rarely happens.