Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

I predict this is Fromm's last year as our starter......

Comments

• 706Dawg706Dawg Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

Why is that an “idiot” comment. By then Fields will have a full year of the playbook under his belt. It’s clear that he has more elite physical traits. Fromm clearly has better command of the offense at present, and also the “it” factor that is hard to quantify. But if Justin has that same mental makeup (and people all rave about how smart he is), why is it far fetched that he may out duel Fromm in spring and fall camp??

Give it a rest..please, some of you are like chickens, you wake up in a new world every morning.

So you insult and ridicule when you can’t argue your point?? Nice.....

Walk away trust me. There isn’t a point to be argued/debated here. Like arguing with the woman in your life, arguing for argument’s sake.

He wants to argue his feelings only. Losing proposition with him and a couple others. I’m working on the smile and nod technique in personal and forum life.

• RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 354 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

Why is that an “idiot” comment. By then Fields will have a full year of the playbook under his belt. It’s clear that he has more elite physical traits. Fromm clearly has better command of the offense at present, and also the “it” factor that is hard to quantify. But if Justin has that same mental makeup (and people all rave about how smart he is), why is it far fetched that he may out duel Fromm in spring and fall camp??

Give it a rest..please, some of you are like chickens, you wake up in a new world every morning.

You guys just keep posting the same lame BS, you'd think Saturday would have taught you something.

Let me ask you something. If Kirby decides in spring and summer ball that Fields has progressed where he will be the starter on opening day (based on daily practice observations and evaluations), would you be accepting of that? Or is your bromance with Fromm cloud your judgement....

Just support Fromm and see how Fields progresses.
    It's extremely rare to bench a QB who is very effective and a great leader.
    This harping on Fields serves no purpose and is even corrosive.

Corrosive?? Kirby is always the one preaching COMPETITION!! Like iron sharpening iron. I support Fromm and his outstanding play Saturday. But I will critique him. Why Fromm is idolized by some is beyond me.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@706Dawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

Walk away trust me. There isn’t a point to be argued/debated here. Like arguing with the woman in your life, arguing for argument’s sake.

He wants to argue his feelings only. Losing proposition with him and a couple others. I’m working on the smile and nod technique in personal and forum life.

It's like arguing with children from my perspective.

@WCDawg said:

@706Dawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

You must be right. Fromm should be treated like fine chains with kid gloves. And competition for his position must be squelched. Otherwise, his fragile psyche can’t handle the pressure because people like me have the audacity to question his performance....

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@706Dawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

You must be right. Fromm should be treated like fine chains with kid gloves. And competition for his position must be squelched. Otherwise, his fragile psyche can’t handle the pressure because people like me have the audacity to question his performance....

Sic “china”

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@706Dawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

Like arguing with children.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@coastaldawg said:
    I’ll stick with Fromm until Fields shows that he can use all that potential to give us a better chance of winning. Tom Brady isn’t the most physically gifted QB in pro football, but there’s a reason that many so-called experts consider him the GOAT. Intangibles and football knowledge mean a lot to QBs, don’t know that Fields doesn’t have them, but I know that Fromm does.

I keep seeing Brady comparisons on the board. What are you picking up on that reminds you of Brady?

Decision making and ability to read defenses pre and post snap. High football IQ. This is a guy who corrected his OC at the Army All American game concerning WR responsibilities on a given play. The guy is as prepared as your'e gonna find in the college ranks.

Agreed and fair. What shouldn’t be overlooked is our offensive system will never be as polished as Belichek’s. College game is heavily dependent on play makers although Kirby is aggressively recruiting high IQ players to enhance the system offensively and defensively.

That's exactly right. And you could even argue that sometimes having a slightly lesser athlete with higher football IQ is more beneficial than a better athlete that cannot be as consistent regarding decision making. Especially at the QB position where they touch the ball every play, set protections, check with me's at the LOS, etc.

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why? We did this the past two weeks. Who cares. Move on from the qb controversy.

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@coastaldawg said:
    I’ll stick with Fromm until Fields shows that he can use all that potential to give us a better chance of winning. Tom Brady isn’t the most physically gifted QB in pro football, but there’s a reason that many so-called experts consider him the GOAT. Intangibles and football knowledge mean a lot to QBs, don’t know that Fields doesn’t have them, but I know that Fromm does.

I keep seeing Brady comparisons on the board. What are you picking up on that reminds you of Brady?

Decision making and ability to read defenses pre and post snap. High football IQ. This is a guy who corrected his OC at the Army All American game concerning WR responsibilities on a given play. The guy is as prepared as your'e gonna find in the college ranks.

Agreed and fair. What shouldn’t be overlooked is our offensive system will never be as polished as Belichek’s. College game is heavily dependent on play makers although Kirby is aggressively recruiting high IQ players to enhance the system offensively and defensively.

That's exactly right. And you could even argue that sometimes having a slightly lesser athlete with higher football IQ is more beneficial than a better athlete that cannot be as consistent regarding decision making. Especially at the QB position where they touch the ball every play, set protections, check with me's at the LOS, etc.

I would argue the counter in college. Better athlete typically takes the cake in college. Simple is fast. Fast is deadly in college.

IQ is dependent on everyone not only knowing what to do but figuring out ways to do to counter the defense. Make no mistake, Fromm’s tendency to hold the ball likely means someone wasn’t where they were supposed to be; Fromm freezes and negative play occurs. Fromms IQ was spot on, but receiver/blockers screwed up AND now can you now make a neutral play; no sacks no TOs? IQ/system heavily dependent on staying on schedule. Aranada effectively fooled Fromm with disguises, made him check into exactly the look he wanted. Several balls thrown into double and triple coverage. Counter to that hurry up offense, read and go. We saw an example of that in two minute drill against FU.

100% No debate at all on the pro game. Pro style pocket passer all **** day. Football IQ level is higher across the board in NFL. Reason why Belichek can make Matt Cassel look like a world beater in relief of Brady. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Fromm have a better NFL career than collegiate. Just depends on where he goes (Jax would be a great fit if he were eligible now).

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@coastaldawg said:

I would argue the counter in college. Better athlete typically takes the cake in college. Simple is fast. Fast is deadly in college.

IQ is dependent on everyone not only knowing what to do but figuring out ways to do to counter the defense. Make no mistake, Fromm’s tendency to hold the ball likely means someone wasn’t where they were supposed to be; Fromm freezes and negative play occurs. Fromms IQ was spot on, but receiver/blockers screwed up AND now can you now make a neutral play; no sacks no TOs? IQ/system heavily dependent on staying on schedule. Aranada effectively fooled Fromm with disguises, made him check into exactly the look he wanted. Several balls thrown into double and triple coverage. Counter to that hurry up offense, read and go. We saw an example of that in two minute drill against FU.

100% No debate at all on the pro game. Pro style pocket passer all **** day. Football IQ level is higher across the board in NFL. Reason why Belichek can make Matt Cassel look like a world beater in relief of Brady. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Fromm have a better NFL career than collegiate. Just depends on where he goes (Jax would be a great fit if he were eligible now).

Really good points but I'd counter by saying the offense is the youngest unit on the team and having the continuity with Fromm, at this moment, is more beneficial than someone who can ad-lib more effectively. If we had seniors across the board, then it would probably be more beneficial to insert the more talented player and let him provide the spark.

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@coastaldawg said:

Really good points but I'd counter by saying the offense is the youngest unit on the team and having the continuity with Fromm, at this moment, is more beneficial than someone who can ad-lib more effectively. If we had seniors across the board, then it would probably be more beneficial to insert the more talented player and let him provide the spark.

OK, I’d buy the youth argument for the OL only. It’s a factor.

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whoever gives us the best chance to win should play. Period. If Fromm is better... he plays. If Fields passes him... he plays. If either gets annoyed because the better player is on the field... that's their issue. Smart is doing exactly what he promised during recruiting.

If they leave then so be it. I'm not willing to waste a second of the "right now" on a potential gain in the future. Best guy plays.

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@coastaldawg said:

Checking off pre snap and going through progressions really is ad-libbing, it's skilled ad-libbing.

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Trust in CKS...

@WCDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@coastaldawg said:

Checking off pre snap and going through progressions really is ad-libbing, it's skilled ad-libbing.

I'd disagree just based off pure definition. Making a check at the LOS is about as forward thinking and anticipatory as it gets. Ad-lib is purely reactionary. But this one could turn into a chicken or the egg type discussion haha

@Acrum21 said:

@WCDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@coastaldawg said:

I'd disagree just based off pure definition. Making a check at the LOS is about as forward thinking and anticipatory as it gets. Ad-lib is purely reactionary. But this one could turn into a chicken or the egg type discussion haha

Semantics really don't interest me much. Getting into the best plays and making the best choices after the snap is far more important on balance than making some yardage after a play is busted in my opinion.

• hamsandmichhamsandmich Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Assumptions abound regarding the QB situation. We don't know what Field's can or can't do really, But, we also don't know what Field's knows or doesn't know (playbook). Fields said when he committed, that he was OK with redshirting to develop. Now, if he doesn't play, people assume he will transfer. I don't think he will leave. Using the Bama/Tua situation doesn't fit here. Bama went away from the elusive option QB to the passer. The Cam Newton comparison is also not fair to use here either. Cam was a fourth year college player when he got to Auburn (2 years playing QB for Urban Myer and one year starting at Blinn JC). That is a lot of development. Don't let Fields lofty prospect ranking cloud your judgement. I guess it's ok for fan, but I hope the staff is sensible. If he wins the job later, cool. Don't just play a kid so he wont leave. Well, UGA doesn't seem to have that problem. That's just my take.

@12ed said:

@BullyDawg said:
    Trust in CKS...

I respectfully disagree

You wascally wabbit.

@hamsandmich said:
    Assumptions abound regarding the QB situation. We don't know what Field's can or can't do really, But, we also don't know what Field's knows or doesn't know (playbook). Fields said when he committed, that he was OK with redshirting to develop. Now, if he doesn't play, people assume he will transfer. I don't think he will leave. Using the Bama/Tua situation doesn't fit here. Bama went away from the elusive option QB to the passer. The Cam Newton comparison is also not fair to use here either. Cam was a fourth year college player when he got to Auburn (2 years playing QB for Urban Myer and one year starting at Blinn JC). That is a lot of development. Don't let Fields lofty prospect ranking cloud your judgement. I guess it's ok for fan, but I hope the staff is sensible. If he wins the job later, cool. Don't just play a kid so he wont leave. Well, UGA doesn't seem to have that problem. That's just my take.

+1.

@Acrum21 said:

@WCDawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@Acrum21 said:

@706Dawg said:

@coastaldawg said: