Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

I predict this is Fromm's last year as our starter......

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@hamsandmich said:
    Assumptions abound regarding the QB situation. We don't know what Field's can or can't do really, But, we also don't know what Field's knows or doesn't know (playbook). Fields said when he committed, that he was OK with redshirting to develop. Now, if he doesn't play, people assume he will transfer. I don't think he will leave. Using the Bama/Tua situation doesn't fit here. Bama went away from the elusive option QB to the passer. The Cam Newton comparison is also not fair to use here either. Cam was a fourth year college player when he got to Auburn (2 years playing QB for Urban Myer and one year starting at Blinn JC). That is a lot of development. Don't let Fields lofty prospect ranking cloud your judgement. I guess it's ok for fan, but I hope the staff is sensible. If he wins the job later, cool. Don't just play a kid so he wont leave. Well, UGA doesn't seem to have that problem. That's just my take.

I agree for the most part.
    This push by fans to see Fields play NOW! seems more self interest than team or player interest.
    Let the young man learn in his time, give Jake the deference and support he's earned. If Fields is good enough, and I expect he is, his time will come. If he gets 2 years starting with the best roster in UGA football history, would it be so bad ?

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

We probably have too many fans projecting their attitudes on Kirby. Kirby seemed disappointed that Justin didn't get in when he was giving the post game interview. I believe they thought the game was too close to get him in for a series. I wouldn't be surprised if Fields starts coming in on some short yardage situations in the future, but winning is paramount for the rest of the season to stay alive in the race. He is also trying to build his roster and season the bullpups for future action. There is a balance and he's going to decide how that looks. The fans who aren't aligned with Kirby's goals shouldn't get upset when he is using the guy he thinks can win, and neither should the other side when he is trying to develop and win with the other guy.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RedBlackDawg said:
    Let me ask you something. If Kirby decides in spring and summer ball that Fields has progressed where he will be the starter on opening day (based on daily practice observations and evaluations), would you be accepting of that? Or is your bromance with Fromm cloud your judgement....

Yes. Kirby gets paid to make those talent evaluations and those decisions. We don't. I want the person under center who will give us the best shot at winning on any given week. If that person is Fields, so be it. If it's Fromm, same.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

Why is that an “idiot” comment. By then Fields will have a full year of the playbook under his belt. It’s clear that he has more elite physical traits. Fromm clearly has better command of the offense at present, and also the “it” factor that is hard to quantify. But if Justin has that same mental makeup (and people all rave about how smart he is), why is it far fetched that he may out duel Fromm in spring and fall camp??

Give it a rest..please, some of you are like chickens, you wake up in a new world every morning.

So you insult and ridicule when you can’t argue your point?? Nice.....

You guys just keep posting the same lame BS, you'd think Saturday would have taught you something.

Let me ask you something. If Kirby decides in spring and summer ball that Fields has progressed where he will be the starter on opening day (based on daily practice observations and evaluations), would you be accepting of that? Or is your bromance with Fromm cloud your judgement....

Just support Fromm and see how Fields progresses.
    It's extremely rare to bench a QB who is very effective and a great leader.
    This harping on Fields serves no purpose and is even corrosive.

This is why you’re ignorant and borderline racist. On another thread you belittled another poster for not supporting all our players. Yet when asked if the staff decides Fields has earned the job. “I’ll see how he progresses and support Fromm” ****?! I got your number now racist pos you might not admit it but inside it’s “Fields is black and there’s no place on the Georgia football team for a black qb”. I hope Fields stays wins the job so the majority of us can laugh in your racist face.

In all honesty you made too big of a leap for me when you concluded "racist". Can you not think of other possible motivations other than racism that would lead WC to conclude what he did?

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

Why is that an “idiot” comment. By then Fields will have a full year of the playbook under his belt. It’s clear that he has more elite physical traits. Fromm clearly has better command of the offense at present, and also the “it” factor that is hard to quantify. But if Justin has that same mental makeup (and people all rave about how smart he is), why is it far fetched that he may out duel Fromm in spring and fall camp??

Give it a rest..please, some of you are like chickens, you wake up in a new world every morning.

You guys just keep posting the same lame BS, you'd think Saturday would have taught you something.

This is why you’re ignorant and borderline racist. On another thread you belittled another poster for not supporting all our players. Yet when asked if the staff decides Fields has earned the job. “I’ll see how he progresses and support Fromm” ****?! I got your number now racist pos you might not admit it but inside it’s “Fields is black and there’s no place on the Georgia football team for a black qb”. I hope Fields stays wins the job so the majority of us can laugh in your racist face.

In all honesty you made too big of a leap for me when you concluded "racist". Can you not think of other possible motivations other than racism that would lead WC to conclude what he did?

Why else would he see how Fields progresses and support Fromm? Shouldn’t it be I’ll support Fields as the starting QB at UGA and support Fromm as the backup? So if Fields has one bad game he’s not going to support him or he’s just not going to support him from the start? Either way that’s the complete opposite of the way he’s championed Fromm. What has Fields done to him to not garner his support? Only thing I’m coming up with is racist. Jacob Eason everybody supported he gets hurt Fromm comes in, instant support. Hypothetical Fields wins the job and now he’s going to see how he progresses? It’s not blatant but that’s a racist overtone.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:

@donm said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

Why else would he see how Fields progresses and support Fromm? Shouldn’t it be I’ll support Fields as the starting QB at UGA and support Fromm as the backup? So if Fields has one bad game he’s not going to support him or he’s just not going to support him from the start? Either way that’s the complete opposite of the way he’s championed Fromm. What has Fields done to him to not garner his support? Only thing I’m coming up with is racist. Jacob Eason everybody supported he gets hurt Fromm comes in, instant support. Hypothetical Fields wins the job and now he’s going to see how he progresses? It’s not blatant but that’s a racist overtone.

thanks

• dawgOf2002dawgOf2002 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nope. Fromm is the guy till he declares.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

If Justin Fields transfers after one season after stating he was ok redshirting a year and welcoming competition...then he’s a quitter and I want nothing to do with that lack of fortitude.

But I think he stays and finds a way to win the job in spring and summer

@Kasey said:
    If Justin Fields transfers after one season after stating he was ok redshirting a year and welcoming competition...then he’s a quitter and I want nothing to do with that lack of fortitude.

He's gonna transfer. I really hope Kirby doesn't permit him to transfer to other sec schools.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

He's gonna transfer. I really hope Kirby doesn't permit him to transfer to other sec schools.

Welcome back Bad Newz Brown!! We missed you the last coupe days. Did you see the game we won on Saturday? Guessing not.

So assuming you're right (dubious) the whole Fields clan said some B S about being ok with a redshirt year just so the check would clear I guess. Now the money is spent so they're going to transfer. Makes me doubt how mentally strong the kid is and his winning spirit.

@Kasey said:

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

Welcome back Bad Newz Brown!! We missed you the last coupe days. Did you see the game we won on Saturday? Guessing not.

So assuming you're right (dubious) the whole Fields clan said some B S about being ok with a redshirt year just so the check would clear I guess. Now the money is spent so they're going to transfer. Makes me doubt how mentally strong the kid is and his winning spirit.

As it looks right now that was BS. You don't have to believe me go look on the 247 board the Mods are alluding to someone big leaving after the season all signs point to Justin Fields. I think it's delusional to think the kid is staying.

@donm said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

No kidding he made a leap.
    It was about as cheap as they come too. It is an example of what a putrid **** the guy really is.

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

@dawgOf2002 said:

@Kasey said:

As it looks right now that was BS. You don't have to believe me go look on the 247 board the Mods are alluding to someone big leaving after the season all signs point to Justin Fields. I think it's delusional to think the kid is staying.

If he leaves it’s not going to be good. There’s a reason CKS said in his press conference that he was disappointed he didn’t get to play. I think that redshirt talk was said because it’s new maybe JuF can’t pick up the playbook as fast or can’t adapt to the speed. All the reports from people that are allowed to watch practice say that’s not true, therefore it’s not about starting just getting some game reps playing qb not running read option plays or coming in for 2 or 3 plays and bouncing back out. Nobody and I repeat nobody is saying Fields should start even the Fields camp but he’s the best player UGA has ever recruited, you can let him run a series or 3.

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

No kidding he made a leap.
    It was about as cheap as they come too. It is an example of what a putrid **** the guy really is.

Shut up racist

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

You're a sick little person.
    I'm seriously wondering if you should have a place on this board.
    You make threats of physical violence and you constantly use derogatory statements.

@12ed said:

@dawgOf2002 said:
    Nope. Fromm is the guy till he declares.

She's purdy...I love her some.

@WCDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

You make threats of physical violence and you constantly use derogatory statements.

Just towards you, racist! Gonna support Fromm until the end but won’t support Fields gotta see how he progresses. You’re a racist you can hide it with snarky comments all you want but you tipped your hand there.

@WCDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

You’re the worst kind of racist too. Ok for black people to play any other position but QB oh no that’s off limits. You’re pathetic and I’ll be sure to tell you so every chance I get. Racist!

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    Idiot away.

Just towards you, racist! Gonna support Fromm until the end but won’t support Fields gotta see how he progresses. You’re a racist you can hide it with snarky comments all you want but you tipped your hand there.

NO, it's not just me, everybody who reads here knows differently.
    You've crossed a couple on lines by calling people racist and making threats.
    You either need to tone it down or find another sand box to play in.
    I don't think there's a single poster who is buying your BS.