Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Camp Fire is shaping up as our worst natural disaster since Katrina..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry, but prayers for the missing and confirmed dead, which is up to 1400 now. The Camp Fire was so intense they are having a hard time determining if remains are even human, some may have been almost completely consumed.
I can't imagine the scale of such horror.

Comments

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's unreal man (or woman?). A while back I had a job offer out in Cali. One of the biggest reasons I didn't take it was fear of all those wildfires. It's just to dry, arid, and populated. Good luck, we're thinking about you guys.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've got several family and friends out there who've been evacuated. It's a bad situation to say the least.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@RxDawg said:
    It's unreal man (or woman?). A while back I had a job offer out in Cali. One of the biggest reasons I didn't take it was fear of all those wildfires. It's just to dry, arid, and populated. Good luck, we're thinking about you guys.

I'm a dude..dude ?
    I considered moving along the upper north California coast back in the 90s, I ended up moving to The Western Slope of Colorado. The northern coast and maybe the low desert where there's little vegetation would be the only areas safe from wild fires.

• JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@RxDawg said:

I'm a dude..dude ?
    I considered moving along the upper north California coast back in the 90s, I ended up moving to The Western Slope of Colorado. The northern coast and maybe the low desert where there's little vegetation would be the only areas safe from wild fires.

I’d like to get a statement from @12ed and the 2020 camp on this subject. We may not be he’s or she’s but it’s or shim’s. On a serious note though these people are in a crisis and they need some rain!! May God have mercy and send them some relief!!

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Raised in Thousand Oaks where the Woolsey Fire is, I now live in Georgia after going to school at UGA. Parts of the country have snow days, we used to have fire days where they cancel class because the air quality is so poor. I remember having friends come stay with us because they had to evacuate but I’ve never seen it this bad. I’ve got friends who live in a canyon in Calabasas and they always are at risk when these happen, as such the fire department dedicates a lot of resources to their neighborhood and the surrounding ones. This year it wasn’t enough and they lost their home, fortunately they’re ok but I’ve never seen anything like what Southern and Northern California are going through this year.

• bobbybobby Posts: 150 ✭✭✭ Junior

Should've raked more...

edited November 2018

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

American politics in 2018....Never miss an opportunity to be a complete dick.

edited November 2018

Seriously though. You know how every once in awhile something gets through and really gets next to you.
    I saw a photo of a woman who looked to have just collapsed next to what I took to be her burned out home in Paradise Cal. She looked like she was experiencing a last straw disappointment, just completely lost and without hope. ..and she was lucky enough to have survived, it's really profoundly sad.

• HRDHRD Posts: 32 ✭✭ Sophomore

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

American politics in 2018...where someone can turn raking leaves into a political position.

@HRD said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

American politics in 2018...where someone can turn raking leaves into a political position.

Where a person is more than willing to attack people who are suffering just because their state didn't support his party in a recent election.

@WCDawg said:

@HRD said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

Where a person is more than willing to attack people who are suffering just because their state didn't support his party in a recent election.

Dude just made a comment about raking.

You inferred the rest.

@HRD said:

@WCDawg said:

@HRD said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

Dude just made a comment about raking.

You inferred the rest.

No, I thought you might have been setting this up,so I made MY thinking clear.

I did not imply or explicitly state that I inferred...I explicitly stated that you inferred (his motive(s) for his comment).

Do you know what "infer" means?

@HRD said:
    I did not imply or explicitly state that I inferred...I explicitly stated that you inferred (his motive(s) for his comment).

And I made my thinking clear, end of story.

@WCDawg said:

@HRD said:

Yes. You inferred his motive. That does not mean that WAS/IS his motive.

Dude made a comment about raking leaves. You turn it into a political movement.

As you stated, welcome to politics in 2018...

@HRD said:

@WCDawg said:

@HRD said:

Yes. You inferred his motive. That does not mean that WAS/IS his motive.

Dude made a comment about raking leaves. You turn it into a political movement.

As you stated, welcome to politics in 2018...

I'm done with this tangent.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

Okay, now I’m confused, What does being critical of someone’s raking abilities have to do with politics?

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

Okay, now I’m confused, What does being critical of someone’s raking abilities have to do with politics?

Stay confused or figure it out.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

It has nothing to do with it, does it?

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

It has nothing to do with it, does it?

I'm done with this.