Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    athensjohnathensjohn Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ Junior

@HerschelismyHero said:

@greygoose01 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@ThisDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:
    I've heard 25 as well and I think the last 7 will look like this:

Jadon Haselwood-#1 WR
    Nakobe Dean-#1 ILB
    Trevor Keegan-#15 OT
    Clay Webb-#1 OC
    Tyrique Stevenson-#4 CB
    Kaiir Elam-#8 CB
    Nick Cross-#5 S

I like it. Missing your QB though.

QB is already committed...Plumee

There will be 2 QBs taken.

Why? Are we not sold on Plumlee? Is Plumlee going to cross train at another position? He is quite athletic and fast

Nothing to do with Plumee and the primary reasons

1. Extra arms to prevent fatigue in practice and prep. Kirby had to limit reps for QBs this year to prevent fatigue.
    2. We only have two scholarship QBs on roster now. Many coaches believe 4 is a good number for attrition through transfer or injury.

Who else are we going after, Yellen?

Hilinski’s coming our way and you heard it here first. Three great visits, likes the city and the atmosphere. Likes the team and loves the coaches. Every visit has been awesome. They just feel like Athens is where they need to be. Could be the next decommit and then recommitt to the good guys.

Hikinski signs financial aid paperwork with South Carolina

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/South-Carolina-football-Ryan-Hilinski-inks-financial-aid-agreement-124732502/

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@ThisDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:

Jadon Haselwood-#1 WR
    Nakobe Dean-#1 ILB
    Trevor Keegan-#15 OT
    Clay Webb-#1 OC
    Tyrique Stevenson-#4 CB
    Kaiir Elam-#8 CB
    Nick Cross-#5 S

Why? Are we not sold on Plumlee? Is Plumlee going to cross train at another position? He is quite athletic and fast

1. Extra arms to prevent fatigue in practice and prep. Kirby had to limit reps for QBs this year to prevent fatigue.
    2. We only have two scholarship QBs on roster now. Many coaches believe 4 is a good number for attrition through transfer or injury.

Yellen is key target as he was just on OV. Several others getting offers. I don’t know who’s committable or not.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@athensjohn said:

@HerschelismyHero said:

@greygoose01 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@ThisDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:

Jadon Haselwood-#1 WR
    Nakobe Dean-#1 ILB
    Trevor Keegan-#15 OT
    Clay Webb-#1 OC
    Tyrique Stevenson-#4 CB
    Kaiir Elam-#8 CB
    Nick Cross-#5 S

Hilinski’s coming our way and you heard it here first. Three great visits, likes the city and the atmosphere. Likes the team and loves the coaches. Every visit has been awesome. They just feel like Athens is where they need to be. Could be the next decommit and then recommitt to the good guys.

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/South-Carolina-football-Ryan-Hilinski-inks-financial-aid-agreement-124732502/

Anyone know what the "sandstorm" is to which he referred?

• Options
    athensjohnathensjohn Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ Junior

@donm said:

@athensjohn said:

@HerschelismyHero said:

@greygoose01 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@ThisDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:

Jadon Haselwood-#1 WR
    Nakobe Dean-#1 ILB
    Trevor Keegan-#15 OT
    Clay Webb-#1 OC
    Tyrique Stevenson-#4 CB
    Kaiir Elam-#8 CB
    Nick Cross-#5 S

The techno song and towel waving.

https://youtu.be/oYTCDFjxCYI

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@athensjohn said:

@donm said:

@athensjohn said:

@HerschelismyHero said:

@greygoose01 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@ThisDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:

Jadon Haselwood-#1 WR
    Nakobe Dean-#1 ILB
    Trevor Keegan-#15 OT
    Clay Webb-#1 OC
    Tyrique Stevenson-#4 CB
    Kaiir Elam-#8 CB
    Nick Cross-#5 S

And must be related to the term 'sandlapper' for SCar folks, although it really only refers to certain parts of coastal SC.

https://sciway.net/hist/sandlapper.html#regional

• Options

@athensjohn said:

@donm said:

@athensjohn said:

@HerschelismyHero said:

@greygoose01 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@ThisDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@georgiaboy said:

Jadon Haselwood-#1 WR
    Nakobe Dean-#1 ILB
    Trevor Keegan-#15 OT
    Clay Webb-#1 OC
    Tyrique Stevenson-#4 CB
    Kaiir Elam-#8 CB
    Nick Cross-#5 S

I prefer the Isley brothers and Shout. Same jumping up and down, not nearly as good a song. IMHO of course.

• Options
    USAir4sPeepUSAir4sPeep Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jeff,

I just read your article about the number of early enrollees. I understand there are scholarship limitation for the number of EEs. Just wondering, could a commit enroll early and pay for a semester or use other scholarship then receive his football scholarship in the summer?

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now that McIntyre is gone, could Georgia get involved with.... ?

https://247sports.com/Player/Ty-Evans-46038038/

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Hey guys-I received a couple of PMs regarding the info around LT Darnell Wright and a potential OV in Dec. and I thought it’ll be good for entire board.

To start, staff will not take Trevor Keegan and Darnell Wright. There’s belief that Webb has a spot (as best player available) and one additional OT spot. This gives Pittman 1 inside guy in Webb, 2 versatile (inside/outside) guys in Mcclendon and Keegan, and one outside guy in Truss. At this time I wouldn’t put much stock in Wright, yet.

First, Wright has been rumored to get to campus all year and hasn’t made it. He’s even been in several mock classes, despite his lack of attendance. If he doesn’t schedule an OV I don’t believe there’s anything to see here. Secondly, Wright was frankly underwhelming at the opening this year and there have been whispers that he’s a multi year developmental player who’s not ready for SEC play. Wright does have really quick feet but his technique leaves a lot to be desired which was demonstrated during one on ones at the opening. Also keep in mind we have a commitment from 5 star LT Broderick Jones in 20’. He likely is our future starting LT in 21.

Outside of recruiting rankings, I’m not hearing much positivity around this move at this time. There’s speculation as Keegan’s ranking has fallen and his interest in Michigan has increased, that Wright is the better answer. I haven’t heard anything to confirm that so we’ll have to let this play out.

I still believe that Keegan is in this class as the final OT and that Wright goes to the creamsicles. If I hear anything new, I’ll share with the board.

Whomever the PittBoss likes the most is who I hope we get.

• Options
    superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Hey guys-I received a couple of PMs regarding the info around LT Darnell Wright and a potential OV in Dec. and I thought it’ll be good for entire board.

To start, staff will not take Trevor Keegan and Darnell Wright. There’s belief that Webb has a spot (as best player available) and one additional OT spot. This gives Pittman 1 inside guy in Webb, 2 versatile (inside/outside) guys in Mcclendon and Keegan, and one outside guy in Truss. At this time I wouldn’t put much stock in Wright, yet.

First, Wright has been rumored to get to campus all year and hasn’t made it. He’s even been in several mock classes, despite his lack of attendance. If he doesn’t schedule an OV I don’t believe there’s anything to see here. Secondly, Wright was frankly underwhelming at the opening this year and there have been whispers that he’s a multi year developmental player who’s not ready for SEC play. Wright does have really quick feet but his technique leaves a lot to be desired which was demonstrated during one on ones at the opening. Also keep in mind we have a commitment from 5 star LT Broderick Jones in 20’. He likely is our future starting LT in 21.

Outside of recruiting rankings, I’m not hearing much positivity around this move at this time. There’s speculation as Keegan’s ranking has fallen and his interest in Michigan has increased, that Wright is the better answer. I haven’t heard anything to confirm that so we’ll have to let this play out.

I still believe that Keegan is in this class as the final OT and that Wright goes to the creamsicles. If I hear anything new, I’ll share with the board.

I'm hearing that Keegan's drop in rankings are more due to competition and needed movement to get people interested in recruiting rankings. I've also heard, don't worry about rankings with this kid, because he is a Cade Mays clone and we all know how that worked out

• Options

Wright will need two years to acclimatize to major college football. His ranking is largely on potential & measurables at this point. In addition to not showing up at UGA, he’s also not been on campus at Tennessee for several of his unofficial visits.

• Options

@Kasey said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    Wright will need two years to acclimatize to major college football. His ranking is largely on potential & measurables at this point. In addition to not showing up at UGA, he’s also not been on campus at Tennessee for several of his unofficial visits.

I think at this point we don’t need to take a developmental player on to OL. Those slots will be needed elsewhere. I also like versatility a la Cade Mays who can play multiple positions on the line

Agreed, I do think Keegan will be the final offensive lineman in the class.

• Options
    YK_DAWG24YK_DAWG24 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@tiger_62082 said:

I think at this point we don’t need to take a developmental player on to OL. Those slots will be needed elsewhere. I also like versatility a la Cade Mays who can play multiple positions on the line

I agree we still have truss coming in from Rhode Island so I'm guessing that's a project as well. Not to mention owen conded

• Options

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Kasey said:

@tiger_62082 said:

I agree we still have truss coming in from Rhode Island so I'm guessing that's a project as well. Not to mention owen conded

Truss will need some time to develop physically and transition to the college game

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@Kasey said:

@tiger_62082 said:

Truss will need some time to develop physically and transition to the college game

If Truss needs time to develop too, why would you prefer him over Wright?

This discussion has been closed.