Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Camp Fire is shaping up as our worst natural disaster since Katrina..

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@12ed said:

@RxDawg said:
    Unless your on the left. In that case you are just simply not used to any resistance and are appalled by it and consider it to be a "take over".

Bipartisanship has always been the great misnomer. Democrats lay the corporatist track, the media sells it and demonizes all opposition in Saul Alinsky fashion. See how they handled Ted Cruz during the government shutdown in 2013, the Republicans even joined in on attacking him. Then it's been Republican grandstanding and capitulation with some $$$ thrown their way via the special interest they represent. Cruz still isn't in "their club" because of that government shutdown episode.

That's barely changed under Trumpy. I'm really surprised some of those Rs even pushed back regarding Kavanaugh. I'm still expecting great capitulations from Kavanaugh on highly controversial cases that the media turns into partisan circuses. It would be so typical.

I'm curious about what cases you think Kavanaugh might not vote his beliefs on.

Wake me when the first highly controversial, media-publicized case of his time hits the SCOTUS docket and I'll let you know.

Of course I could be entirely wrong. The left fuqed up big in their mission against Clarence Thomas. It galvanized him to not give a single schitt about what the media thinks. Same thing might play out here with Kavanaugh

I think Thomas was always just what he is now.
    A person who was made by Affirmative Action but doesn't believe in it. A man who doesn't believe racism exist yet screams ''high tech lynching'' when it suits his purpose.
    I think he's a shell of a human being who is probably self loathing beneath the shallow self interest.

Of course you do....

The real you is really coming out.

I don't really know what you want me to say re: your dehumanization of Clarence Thomas.

Thomas dehumanized himself when he chose to ignore how he got to where he is.

I respectfully disagree

Of course you do.
    I respectfully disagree with you, I have no respect for Donald Trump though.
    He is an enemy of what I hold dear about this country.

• Options
    edited November 2018

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@12ed said:

@RxDawg said:
    Unless your on the left. In that case you are just simply not used to any resistance and are appalled by it and consider it to be a "take over".

Bipartisanship has always been the great misnomer. Democrats lay the corporatist track, the media sells it and demonizes all opposition in Saul Alinsky fashion. See how they handled Ted Cruz during the government shutdown in 2013, the Republicans even joined in on attacking him. Then it's been Republican grandstanding and capitulation with some $$$ thrown their way via the special interest they represent. Cruz still isn't in "their club" because of that government shutdown episode.

That's barely changed under Trumpy. I'm really surprised some of those Rs even pushed back regarding Kavanaugh. I'm still expecting great capitulations from Kavanaugh on highly controversial cases that the media turns into partisan circuses. It would be so typical.

I'm curious about what cases you think Kavanaugh might not vote his beliefs on.

Wake me when the first highly controversial, media-publicized case of his time hits the SCOTUS docket and I'll let you know.

Of course I could be entirely wrong. The left fuqed up big in their mission against Clarence Thomas. It galvanized him to not give a single schitt about what the media thinks. Same thing might play out here with Kavanaugh

I think Thomas was always just what he is now.
    A person who was made by Affirmative Action but doesn't believe in it. A man who doesn't believe racism exist yet screams ''high tech lynching'' when it suits his purpose.
    I think he's a shell of a human being who is probably self loathing beneath the shallow self interest.

Of course you do....

The real you is coming out. I suspected the Avenatti chit was angry sarcasm, now I'm sure of it.

How you managed to come to that conclusion given the hilarious absurdity of Avenatti I'll never know, but anyway K.

I'm done with this.

Go try and pigeonhole someone else.

You talk about people being snide on this site, W T F do you think you're being right now.

Ok,but I'm fairly certain I'm correct. It always seemed convenient you put a **** like Avenatti with a very viable candidate like Beto.

• Options

@12ed said:
    I assume if we were more like Soviet Russia WC would be reporting me to the Party as a subversive for "showing my true colors."

UN fricken real.

Yeah, I'm done here. To make it clear, that isn't a vow to not post in this thread again, but you really are clueless about our system of government, we've reached a dead end.

• Options

Look, if a person doesn't see how Trump wants to subvert our checks and balances, they are too blind to have a meaningful conversation with on the subject. That makes it almost certain any discussion about this subject will end badly, so, here we are.

• Options
    edited November 2018

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:
    Look, if a person doesn't see how Trump wants to subvert our checks and balances, they are too blind to have a meaningful conversation with on the subject. That makes it almost certain any discussion about this subject will end badly, so, here we are.

That's fantastic. I guess that totally justifies trying to blatantly malign me. We're good then.

You haven't intimated anything about what concerns The Chief Justice, the 4 star admiral who headed The Seals and many other patriots who see a problem with how Trump acts as POTUS that suggests you're in the least bit uneasy about his dictatorial leanings. What would you have me do, pretend like I believe there aren't troubling issues with the man ?
    Just Monday it came out that Trump tried to get Hillary and Comey prosecuted, the man either is ignorant as dirt or he has no respect for the absolutely essential divisions of power in our government.
    The same people who believed the birther nonsense and Obama is a secret Muslim silliness now just ignore truly un-American tendencies in The POTUS.

• Options

Look, I'm really sorry about my tone, I'm a miserable SOB right now.
    I do believe what I've posted about Trump, but I need to lighten up, everybody's opinion should be heard.

• Options
    edited November 2018

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

That's fantastic. I guess that totally justifies trying to blatantly malign me. We're good then.

You haven't intimated anything about what concerns The Chief Justice, the 4 star admiral who headed The Seals and many other patriots who see a problem with how Trump acts as POTUS that suggests you're in the least bit uneasy about his dictatorial leanings. What would you have me do, pretend like I believe there aren't troubling issues with the man ?
    Just Monday it came out that Trump tried to get Hillary and Comey prosecuted, the man either is ignorant as dirt or he has no respect for the absolutely essential divisions of power in our government.
    The same people who believed the birther nonsense and Obama is a secret Muslim silliness now just ignore truly un-American tendencies in The POTUS.

You've ignored most of what I've said and just written it off so I'm going to pay you the same respect. Like this has anything to do with you blatantly trying to malign me. In fact it looks like you're still trying to pigeonhole me with people who blindly support Trump on everything. Why should I entertain any of this when I know your goal is to try and entrap me because of your "suspicions?" This doesn't constitute healthy political discussion. It's just tribalism at its worst.

Just go ahead and assume I'm literally hitler and go about your day. In fact I'll take my old avatar and paint a hitler mustache on it for you. GFY.

If you've posted anything critical of Trump's dictatorial tendencies, I've missed it.

• Options

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

@12ed said:

@WCDawg said:

You've ignored most of what I've said and just written it off so I'm going to pay you the same respect. Like this has anything to do with you blatantly trying to malign me. In fact it looks like you're still trying to pigeonhole me with people who blindly support Trump on everything. Why should I entertain any of this when I know your goal is to try and entrap me because of your "suspicions?" This doesn't constitute healthy political discussion. It's just tribalism at its worst.

Just go ahead and assume I'm literally hitler and go about your day. In fact I'll take my old avatar and paint a hitler mustache on it for you. GFY.

If you've posted anything critical of Trump's dictatorial tendencies, I've missed it.

I'd DV you for trying to posit this fking litmus test to justify the BS you just tried to pull on me, but frankly you're not even worth it. Have a happy thanksgiving.

It's a valid litmus test.
    If you don't take issue with Trump's dictatorial attempts to misuse our justice system, I have to wonder what you think this country is about.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

There is also a built in flaw because every person in Congress is on a 2 year cycle. They are always buying votes with free stuff and being bought off by monied interest. That doesn't even touch on the more sinister corruption, which is rampant.
    Then there's radically gerrymandered districts. Representatives are now in mostly extremely partisan districts, their most politically safe positions are often the least common sense positions.

How would you feel about term limits for senators (2 terms = 12 years) and 4 terms for congressmen = 8 years. I think historically, the senate and congress weren't seen as long term gigs. The winners went to DC for a while and then went on back home to farm or do whatever.

This and remove corporate and lobbyist money from politics. Campaigns should be funded by individuals.

• Options

@donm said:

There is also a built in flaw because every person in Congress is on a 2 year cycle. They are always buying votes with free stuff and being bought off by monied interest. That doesn't even touch on the more sinister corruption, which is rampant.
    Then there's radically gerrymandered districts. Representatives are now in mostly extremely partisan districts, their most politically safe positions are often the least common sense positions.

How would you feel about term limits for senators (2 terms = 12 years) and 4 terms for congressmen = 8 years. I think historically, the senate and congress weren't seen as long term gigs. The winners went to DC for a while and then went on back home to farm or do whatever.

I'm not for term limits, though some things about the idea appeal to me. We need seasoned leadership as well as new blood in both houses.

• Options

@YaleDawg said:

@donm said:

This and remove corporate and lobbyist money from politics. Campaigns should be funded by individuals.

K-Street is a cancer on the system. Congress is bought wholesale by lobbying interest. Industries like pharmaceuticals practically write legislation.

• Options

@Kasey said:
    I like Warren Buffet's rule...can't balance a budget, can't run for re-election

I agree, the odd couple of presidents who took budgeting seriously since 1980, George HW Bush and Bill Clinton, it shouldn't be a partisan issue.

• Options
    edited November 2018

Trump's heartwarming message to troops during the traditional Thanksgiving call to our service members. ''They are amassing on our border, they are not good people, they are bad people'' I'm reminded of Trump's speech at a Boy Scout convention where he told them how great he is and how unfair people are to him....me.me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me...what a guy !

• Options
    GoldenFingerGoldenFinger Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

I feel bad for those people from Pleasure, California. Pleasure California...errr I mean Paradise. But jokes about our supreme leader aside, my heart goes out for my fellow Californian.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Trump's heartwarming message to troops during the traditional Thanksgiving call to our service members. ''They are amassing on our border, they are not good people, they are bad people'' I'm reminded of Trump's speech at a Boy Scout convention where he told them how great he is and how unfair people are to him....me.me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me...what a guy !

What’s **** up about this thread is I can’t tell whose posts are goofier, 12ed or WCDawg’s.

• Options

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

What’s **** up about this thread is I can’t tell whose posts are goofier, 12ed or WCDawg’s.

That's because you're not very bright.

• Options
    edited November 2018

@12ed said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

Lavendar I take exception to this. I've been 100% serious all the time just like I always am. WC has too. I took exception to knocks on CT, the pubic hair on a coke can BS was very much like the Kavanaugh BS. Don't @ me. Not in the mood for putting up with political sophistry today

I find your post specious.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

Lavendar I take exception to this. I've been 100% serious all the time just like I always am. WC has too. I took exception to knocks on CT, the pubic hair on a coke can BS was very much like the Kavanaugh BS. Don't @ me. Not in the mood for putting up with political sophistry today

Okay, so I make the mistake of reading your bickering it’s WC, and apparently Ihave been able to figure it out. WCDawg is goofier than 12ed.

Basically, if you start with whatever thing would make the Democrat party look better in the public eye, then work backwards towards beliefs, you end up with what WCDawg believes. Hopefully he has at least one or two things up him sleeve and be like, “See! I’m not complete a mind **** to the Democrat party corporation!”

You on the other hand will sit there and argue endlessly pointing out flaws in what the person you are talking to believes. Probably why you are making a big deal about a Avenatti/Beto ticket, because you know that’s what most people will disagree with. People probably don’t want to realize if they could catch a few breaks in the media, that ticket could actually be interesting.

Still goofy as hell. Just not as goofy as WC.