Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Drama with Godwin?

jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited November 2018 in Off Topic

https://mobile.twitter.com/libby141/status/1067222730414657536?s=21

Found this over on the 247 forum. Davin Bellamy’s mom also tweeted something out. There was also a tweet by Terry himself and his mom replied saying the coaches will he exposed soon enough.

Weird?

Edit: here are more links.

https://mobile.twitter.com/libby141

https://mobile.twitter.com/TerryGodwin_4/status/1067213482083434502

https://mobile.twitter.com/texanmom00/status/1067227482594660357

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My head is swimming, how is Bellamy part of this ?

@jay_kubzz said:
    I went on his insta and looked through the comments and he gets 100s of them, and his mom goes through and replies to every single person who says anything negative. Also anytime someone mentions he needs the ball more she will comment I wish I could like this a million times or something similar.

Seems a bit crazy to me.

''a bit crazy'' that might explain a lot.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

Click the links they’ll help you...kinda like floaties.

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

I remember why I avoid social media.

We have over 20 receivers on the team, that is a lot, I think Bama has 16. I can see Terry's mom being disappointed, I'm sure she was hoping for a big senior season, but this is no way to handle it.
    For some reason our program always has spread receptions thinner than most, we've only had 1 season where a player gained 1000 yards, it was only 1004 yards and that was 17 or 18 years ago.
    It doesn't seem to matter who our coaches are, we always have a similar distribution.

edited November 2018

I just checked, we have 23 players listed as receivers, Bama has 18, Clemson has 14. I wouldn't mind rethinking our approach a bit. The next most receivers listed of the current top 10 ranked teams is OSU's 19.

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

That is the big problem with young men now & that is their mom wants to be coaches & think their kid deserves more than the other kids on the team. She said catches don't make you great or good,something to the matter.Now she is taking shots at other people's son & that isn't right. You can't please everyone

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

@jay_kubzz said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Been going on for a while, subtle tweets throughout the season. This one wasn’t so subtle. Bottom line is that Godwin is a talented receiver and his injuries opened up the door for Holloman who has been productive in his own right and has taken away some of Godwin’s targets.

Wish it wasnt a thing before SECCG.

Really hate it for Terry that he’s gotta deal with his mom being overbearing. He seems like a great kid and always has a great attitude.

She is really making him look bad while taking shots at other kids on the team

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

I remember why I avoid social media.

We have over 20 receivers on the team, that is a lot, I think Bama has 16. I can see Terry's mom being disappointed, I'm sure she was hoping for a big senior season, but this is no way to handle it.
    For some reason our program always has spread receptions thinner than most, we've only had 1 season where a player gained 1000 yards, it was only 1004 yards and that was 17 or 18 years ago.
    It doesn't seem to matter who our coaches are, we always have a similar distribution.

This is no way to handle it, it’s just part of the game. He caught a TD against Florida, none of our receivers have had big numbers so why?

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

His mom seems to reply to any tweets about Terry for hours at a time. As stated above the goes through his Instagram and replies to all of the comments. The woman seems certifiably crazy.

He has had more touchdowns this year than his freshman year and junior year combined and he’s only received roughly 20 percent of the catches while doing so. Terry really hasn’t had a bad year since he missed games due to injury and then didn’t appear 100 percent healthy for a few games he did play in

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doesn’t help for her to be making threats of sorts in public, especially this week and during recruiting season. I’m sure Terry would not want his mom to do this. Reminds me of Hot Rod’s dad when he complained publicly. I don’t envy Kirby having to manage this type of stuff, and it reminds you this is one level up from high school.

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

She's already spending that signing bonus.