Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Diamond Dawgs

HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can we start a baseball thread in here? They're ranked really high but I can't find scores or anything. Nothing too crazy just scores and stats and what not

Comments

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I appreciate the scores and site but I'd like a little conversation with some baseball fans out there

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wish I could help with that. I'm a big baseball fan. I watch the majority of Braves games and go a couple times a week to single A Asheville Tourists games, but don't catch that many Georgia games. I do listen to them on Tunein from time to time. The Dawgs are doing great, but about to hit a tougher schedule with South Carolina, LSU, Tech, Clemson, UK, and Vandy all right after each other. We'll learn a little more about these guys soon, but I'm feeling really good about them this year. You ever catch any of the games?

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah we need one @HornedDawgs good call. We can dub this the official thread ha. I haven't been following much at all this year. It's hard for me to focus on baseball until after April 15th. They seem to be playing well. Not sure they've played many tough teams yet tho. I know some pitcher is essentially unhittable right now, can't think of his name at the moment.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The pitching staff should be solid this year and have a pretty balanced lineup. The SEC is brutal, 11 teams in the top 25.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We're going to learn more about the team soon. SC is up next.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The SEC has 5 of the top 10 and 11 of the top 25 in the current CBB rankings. South Carolina will be the team's first ranked opponent, stay tuned.

• Gwinnett_DawgGwinnett_Dawg Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ Junior

uga.rivals.com does a decent job of reporting on UGA baseball game recaps

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tucker Bradley posted on Twitter last night he is done for the year with a shoulder injury

Yeah I think that pitcher is an all American but Idk what his name is

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can go the redandblack.com for sports scores.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe Chip can cover some baseball, since Kirby isn't granting him any access. ;)

@MacDawg15 thank you sir. That's what I was looking for 🤗

• DGD28DGD28 Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our best pitcher is Emerson Hancock, kid is a stud. Starting pitching as a whole has been stellar for us so far this season.

• DGD28DGD28 Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MacDawg15 Yeah it really has been pick your poison with the starting pitching. They are 13-1 with a 1.79 ERA, the only loss being a 1-0 loss to LIU Brooklyn on an unearned run. I've been watching every game this is the best team we've had since 08. The SEC is an absolute gaunlet this year so we will learn what we're made of pretty quick.