Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

My wish list for The Hawks' draft tomorrow night..

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

This draft is a testament to good parenting. 4 of the top 5 came from very dedicated 2 parent homes and Hunter's father who passed away is his driving force.

• IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Culver to minneaota
  • LincolnParkDawgLincolnParkDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Wow the Hawks gave up a lot to get Hunter!
    Just the 8th and the 17th rlly
  • BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife earned both her degrees from UVA so we follow the program closely. Tony Bennett provided unbelievable support for my friends grandson during his cancer treatment. Hunter is a great player who can play defense, but who is well grounded based on his life experience and mentoring/ coaching from Tony Bennett.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @WCDawg I dont think thats all the way true about the draft. Besides Steph Curry the top 10 players come from single mother households. Heck the best drafted players recently (Tatum, Brown, etc) come from single family households as well.  I think its a matter of how hard a mother works and sets the example. Dads are great and all but 74% of black athletes come from single family homes.
  • mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    think hawks take Reddish and double down on 3&D prospects 
    I want reddish
  • GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cam Reddish will be becoming an Atlanta Hawk officially on television in a little over 2 and a half minutes...

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Reddish and Hunter... I LOVE it. Could be a huge draft
    edited June 2019

I still don't like Reddish,He's a bit of a wuss. Hopefully he'll grow a pair, he has the tools to be very good.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hawks are building a solid roster, have to find a big man to play in the middle now.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Whats the issue with Reddish. He was a HS star but when you look at the fact Zion average 16 shots, RJ averaged 20 and Tyus average 9. Thats 48 shots from a team that averaged 63. 
    Any other program he's the top star and giving more than 13 ppg, 5 boards, and 2 assist a game. Plus supposedly had a core injury all seasom that required surgery. 

He may be the best player at the end of the day if he can get serious he has a Paul George/ Jimmy Butler ceiling. 
    edited June 2019

LincolnPark. Even in a deep draft players from the middle of the 1st rd and lower are not very good at The NBA level percentage wise. For The Hawks I like the move, but I don't like who they selected at 10. I think Hunter has a high floor, he will have good value to the team. He is the best on ball defender in the draft, he is going to be a very good set shooter on 3s and a good turn and shoot player from mid range.

What bothers me a bit is neither Hunter or Reddish are very assertive offensively, thankfully Trae is though. Young is going to have to push and guide these guys.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Still  trades in the work ?
    edited June 2019

Orlando. I'm guessing Schlenk will make a deal if a good offer comes along.

Some players I'd be interested in trading up for.

Sekou Doumbouya

Brandon Clarke

Bruno Fernando

Nicolas Claxton

Bol Bol

Mfiondu Kabengele

WC. I love your passion and knowledge for the Hawks. I have suffered as a fan for a long time. I think they have some promising young players and they are finally on an upward trajectory. They had the most picks in the draft and I think they gave up 3 maybe 4 according to ESPN to go 4 for Hunter. Seems steep to me but I am a casual observer. Hunter is solid but...

LPD. Obviously Hunter has to be a key addition to be worth the price the team paid to move up. I think he adds a lot to the mix in key areas. On ball defense, set shots from 3 pt range and a underrated mid range game are all needed by The Hawks.

Reddish on the other hand had the lowest effective shooting percentage of any projected 1st rd pick and a truly horrible 2 to 1 turnover to assist ratio. To me he plays timidly and uninspired.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reddish is a risky pick, but at least they are looking at someone who may turn into a high end player, not a safe pick.