Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Farewell Seth Emerson...

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod
edited April 2018 in Off Topic

Seth has left DawgNation...

Wishing him all the best in his new role at 'The Athletic' - Seth was always an active, contributing member to this site.

Tagged:

Comments

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2018

Congratulations to Seth!!! MUCH continued success wishes to you sir!!! DGD always!!

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seth- Thanks for all that you do! I know that you have caught a lot of flack for covering stories that were negative, but know that most of dawgnation understand that you are doing your job. You would not be a good reporter if you skipped the bad stuff. GO DAWGS!

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Thanks and good luck Seth!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Gonna miss his wry sense of humor on dawgnation. Best of luck!

• MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congratulations, @sethemerson. Appreciate your work covering our Dawgs.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@sethemerson said:
    Thanks guys! Been a pleasure.

Hate to see you go, always enjoyed your articles and insight. You definitely have your own style and bring different angles to reporting. Can't believe you picked me for one of your 'questions of the day' a few months ago!

Not that we want you to go, but might as well see if you can talk BA into taking your place. That'd be a hoot lol. He's like a kid in a candy store sometimes. Can't say I blame him, I'm the same way!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our coaches get poached and now, it seems, so do our media folks. Still a testament to the quality with which we have been surrounded. Good luck, brother.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Time for Cy to step up.......

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just looked into joining the Athletic and they don't cover any teams that I cheer for with now the exception of the University of Georgia. Maybe if they expand their market I'll consider joining.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well catch you on the other side Seth.. Not the Barba Bush side yet, RIP.
    Started reading you from your days at Macon Newspaper. The great incite will continue , much success.

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

so uhhhh... DawgNation is hiring??

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck to Seth, he deserves a bigger stage.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Seth for your contributions to Dawgnation and best of luck in your new endeavor!

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you @sethemerson and best of luck in your new venture! We'll surely miss you here.

• SWARLES_BARKLEYSWARLES_BARKLEY Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2018

My favorite characteristic of Seth:

He is probably the best sports journalist I know about not forcing narratives. There are countless examples of people asking him leading questions, clearly designed to feed a narrative, and Seth replies with “... ehh, I dunno — it’s probably just a matter of [reasonable take here]”. Extremely refreshing, and in the long run earns the readers/listeners respect.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sooo Dean left the other site and Seth left here, ......it’s a free agency frenzy