Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What’s the max ILB we’re taking? I’ve seen 3 consistently but with Bertrand and Marshall committed, with Dean, Davis, and Pappoe (potentially) considering what would likely happen here?

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From what I’ve seen these are my thoughts.

Staff is good with 2 ILB, with the 3rd spot going to LB instead (Davis).

If Dean or OP says they are in then they take 3 ILB, with potentially taking Davis as a OLB (removing Jer Johnson)

It’s to early to tell if Dean will make his commitment before OP comes around to flipping.

I’d personally be good with Trez and Bertrand and Davis as the ILB class. With if the chips fall our way, finding a way to squeeze in OP or Dean and bumping out Davis to OLB.

Between Jer Johnson and R Davis, the first to Commit will let us know how the rest of the full LB board will fall.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

If Dean or OP says they are in then they take 3 ILB, with potentially taking Davis as a OLB (removing Jer Johnson)

It’s to early to tell if Dean will make his commitment before OP comes around to flipping.

I’d personally be good with Trez and Bertrand and Davis as the ILB class. With if the chips fall our way, finding a way to squeeze in OP or Dean and bumping out Davis to OLB.

Between Jer Johnson and R Davis, the first to Commit will let us know how the rest of the full LB board will fall.

Every time I see R Davis, I keep thinking “Reggie” and wince thinking we just dropped another touchdown pass....

THAT'S Funny!

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Thanks bro...what are the chances we take J.J., Davis, Dean, along with Bertrand and Marshall? If JJ is truly one n done potential that makes me believe he’s immediate impact guy. Would sticking with two WR make this work?

I’m leaving Pappoe out as I believe (also ok with) he’ll stick with the barn.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am of the belief all DTs are projects. Lol. Its a position where strength and weight in HS usually dominated but when you move to college you need some technique. Im excited if we actually land Clark, Travon, and one other

• Options

@Thelordjohnson said:
    I am of the belief all DTs are projects. Lol. Its a position where strength and weight in HS usually dominated but when you move to college you need some technique. Im excited if we actually land Clark, Travon, and one other

Be excited then, that’s going to happen.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DT and DE are the only position that I see Bama still having an advantage on us. They have been able to consistently sign recruits on the defensive line that are not only big, but are also fast. Heard an interview just the other day where Kirby was talking about how we had to get bigger on the defensive line.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg said:
    DT and DE are the only position that I see Bama still having an advantage on us. They have been able to consistently sign recruits on the defensive line that are not only big, but are also fast. Heard an interview just the other day where Kirby was talking about how we had to get bigger on the defensive line.

Cb too...

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@coastaldawg said:

Cb too...

Even though Bama has more talent at CB, I actually think our secondary as a whole, barring an injury to Baker or multiple other injuries, will be on an Alabama level this year. I have faith in Tyrique and Webb.

• Options

Thanks bro...what are the chances we take J.J., Davis, Dean, along with Bertrand and Marshall? If JJ is truly one n done potential that makes me believe he’s immediate impact guy. Would sticking with two WR make this work?

I think they stick with 2 WR unless a 5 star from AL changes his mind on Auburn.

I think its two LB spots for 3 guys (JJ, Davis and Dean) excluding OP.

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

I think they stick with 2 WR unless a 5 star from AL changes his mind on Auburn.

I think its two LB spots for 3 guys (JJ, Davis and Dean) excluding OP.

247 guys are really high on Davis, thinks he could be better than any our targets

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BAMA has advantages at DB, DL, and RB currently. But after college they dont. UGA is probably top 5 DL and tops at LB in the NFL then college UGA may not have the Heismann winners of late but Gurley over any Bama back lately and Chubb and Michel may break some ground in NFL as well. Out of the SEC schools Auburn (Cam) and UGA (Matthew) are tops. I would proudly say that UGA will be a top SEC school in multiple positions besides DB (LSU and UF have been producing for years).

• Options

I think it’s more so who the coaches will allow to commit.
    I think several that have been discussed would pull the trigger right now.

I think it will be Walker.

• Options

@JeffSentell said:
    Clark looks like a project to me. Size and ability and all that.

But. .... let me just say I don't think he's going to be invited to the Nike Opening finals this year. He didn't have a superior day at the Charlotte regional.

Rusty with a nice CB for the good guys here this morning

• Options

@dawgy10 said:

247 guys are really high on Davis, thinks he could be better than any our targets

Rusty with a CB to the Dawgs this AN

• Options

Got another one for dean as well. Good signs.

This discussion has been closed.