Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Seriously, did any of you read the article or what I said?

I even put his quote on here.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So....the couple of DVers are incapable of carrying on a conversation.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They can deliver babies at my wife's hospital. They are floating people and sending people home because the hospital is not full. We are in Florida but always seems to be a different town in Florida with a full hospital from ours. We know people from 2 other counties hospitals including Hollywood FL and neither is full either. Definitely an uptick but no where near unmanageable. Both are still doing elective surgeries.

• Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t know man , that’s just what I was told. It is what it is. Just gotta let this run it’s course. Damage has already been done to the economy , I could really care less if they decide to shut down again. Just need to get this over with and get that Oxford vaccine here.

It’s definitely a county by county basis. But when you do have to send that person who just got in a major car accident to a hospital that’s 20 minutes further away from the one that’s right next to where the accident happened, that extra 20 minutes could mean everything.

The main thing for you is to get fully healthy ASAP. I'm hoping today proves to be a turn in the right direction.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have analysed Florida testing for the last 14 days

Tests - FLDOH Testing results Including people retested.

NEW - Numbers to CDC first time tested only

RETEST - By deduction those tests that relate to repeat tested individuals.

As can be seen the Number of retests 7/9 accounted for 28% of all tests that day. This varied but has risen to 46.2% as of today's report. Hopefully we can all agree that those that have previously tested negative are more likely to test negative than the general public that require symptoms to get a test. Extreme example would be those that are tested daily or several times weekly are going to have a very low positive rate and generally come into contact with others that are frequently tested and hence quarantined at an early stage. . That is why the "Tests" Positive rate is going to be lower than the Cases/First time tests. The rate can also be manipulated if more tests are focused on retesting where the current positive rate is lower (8.5% on 7/22).

They also report the % taking out repeat positives but leaving all negatives in the divisor. This is the last line although they are slightly different to how they say they calculate it! This to me is another problem given you are taking out the 3.9% repeat positives but leaving in the 42.3% repeat negatives.

NOTE: The dates shown are reporting dates which are 1 day delayed.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If it really gets to be a problem, beds can be opened up by cancelling elective, non-essential procedures. I think only like 15% of hospital beds are taken by covid patients.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In Miami-Dade? Honestly, doesn’t surprise me for that area. I wouldn’t question those hospitals being full. Anyone know real stats on percent of covid in those hospitals? If statewide is 15% then that area is probably higher, but If it were really high then I’d expect that to reflect pretty soon in reported deaths.

And we can use the out of work or retired butchers to be their nurse/doctor

What has been done or can be done to protect your parents and for how long?

Maybe they don't think that they can reply to a cavalier attitude to death without themselves violating the rules of engagement.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

I am asking you nicely to let this go. Down votes have nothing to do with this thread. I am real close to closing this thread up.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

A little over 15% of total hospital beds occupied by CV 19 patients is correct for all of FL, so not nearly as much stress on hospitals as I feared. Miami Dade is comparable to overall state numbers, but I'm not aware of published info on CV admissions by county. They have a little under 20% of beds still available, 1538 empty right now. ICU beds are tighter, with 126 still available, about 13%.

My parents have chosen to live. Much can be done to protect them.....but they refuse. They wear masks because they are supposed to.

But they still play golf multiple times a week and travel. They are on their way back from Montana and Idaho. And they enjoy restaurants

It's their choice.

But why can't the elderly quarantine to stay safe if they so choose. Kids should be in school and playing sports.

My kid's school is starting on time with in class learning. What a huge advantage they have over other students. How far behind will some students be?

Will you reread what I wrote and then explain to me where I was cavalier about any deaths.

I was specifically not cavalier about the deaths.

I'll give you your wish and leave this thread for good. Simply because I don't want other threads littered with covid 19 crap....which would happen if you closed it.

This discussion has been closed.