Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Will anybody else be glad when Tiger retires ?...

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg747BigDawg747 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Im posting like crazy because wcdawgs post seems to be a little pre mature

• Options
    NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So we are now making this conversation about Arnold Plamer god rest his sole. It’s not about who is popular and who isn’t. The post is about Tiger retiring.

Arnie made golf fun to watching tv in the 50’s & 60’s, and Arnie’s army was formed. Yes he was very polarizing and did great things for the sport. Greg Norman took it further. Then this guy named Tiger came along and took it even further. He was the one that made all these young bucks on tour like golf. There isn’t a young buck on tour that has done the same things as those three individuals.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@NOVADAWG said:
    So we are now making this conversation about Arnold Plamer god rest his sole. It’s not about who is popular and who isn’t. The post is about Tiger retiring.

Arnie made golf fun to watching tv in the 50’s & 60’s, and Arnie’s army was formed. Yes he was very polarizing and did great things for the sport. Greg Norman took it further. Then this guy named Tiger came along and took it even further. He was the one that made all these young bucks on tour like golf. There isn’t a young buck on tour that has done the same things as those three individuals.

Norman was 90% marketing, he never won chit.
    I see your point though.
    I don't have a problem with Tiger's deserved legacy.
    My issue is flipping to ESPN and Tiger being the only featured player when he is never the leader of the event being covered.
    Other players know better than to complain, but you can bet those higher on leader boards feel cheated.

• Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This just in, Tiger is two back but walks off the course to retire after hearing @WCDawg said he should.

• Options

@BigDawg747 said:

No,if anything the coverage is premature, like 10 years and counting.

• Options
    NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you about Norman it’s a shame that he couldn’t win more Faldo owned him at Augusta.

See the thing is I’ve been a big Tiger fan, I don’t agree with what he did outside of golf. But I’ve been playing the game since I was 8 years old and played in college. So I guess I’am biased towards him. I want to see him win, and think other people do too. I agree the clowns at ESPN need to have him on there to increase ratings.

I appreciate the back an fourth, only the sixth post I’ve done on here. GO DAWGS!!

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@BigDawg747 said:

No, tiger has had injuriey issues and the media has just been waiting for him to bounce back. He stated early in the season that he is feeling like his old self and the last two majors has shown that even though he is now a veteran compared to the rest of the field he is getting his old game back. Now, when he is only flying the ball 250 on his drives he needs to put it up but he is keeping up with the young, actually the young looks to be trying to keep up with him and his experience!!!

• Options

Tell me this, the media has had a hard on for rickie fowler eversince he got on the scene and how many majors does he have.

• Options

@BigDawg747 said:

@WCDawg said:

@BigDawg747 said:

No, tiger has had injuriey issues and the media has just been waiting for him to bounce back. He stated early in the season that he is feeling like his old self and the last two majors has shown that even though he is now a veteran compared to the rest of the field he is getting his old game back. Now, when he is only flying the ball 250 on his drives he needs to put it up but he is keeping up with the young, actually the young looks to be trying to keep up with him and his experience!!!

Jordan Spieth just turned 25, he has 3 major wins and is also 4 under par today and in the hunt for a 4th major.
    Yet there is almost no mention of him at ESPN, just Tiger.
    The sport needs to get on with life.

• Options

WC if you were actually an avid golf watcher you would recognize that they actually follow all recent major champs just as much as they do tiger and phil, even when when phil is not in contention and you dont even bring up b cup phil do you now.

• Options

@BigDawg747 said:
    WC if you were actually an avid golf watcher you would recognize that they actually follow all recent major champs just as much as they do tiger and phil, even when when phil is not in contention and you dont even bring up b cup phil do you now.

Wrong, click on ESPN's site, whose image do you see ?

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@BigDawg747 said:

@WCDawg said:

@BigDawg747 said:

Jordan Spieth just turned 25, he has 3 major wins and is also 4 under par today and in the hunt for a 4th major.

There's your problem. Your source. Any avid golfer watcher does not pay attention to who espn chit show is featuring.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@BigDawg747 said:

Wrong, click on ESPN's site, whose image do you see ?

Well yeah, the guy is possibly bout to set a course record if he keeps his play up. Why not feature him.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@BigDawg747 said:

@WCDawg said:

@BigDawg747 said:

Guess what, espn isnt even broadcasting the pga so why are you on their crappie website, and if you are watching the broadcast they are showing spieth every shot even his two shot try out of the woods. Bro, you are even more washed up then tiger and you can't top me in this conversation.

• Options

@BigDawg747 said:

@WCDawg said:

@BigDawg747 said:

@WCDawg said:

@BigDawg747 said:

There's your problem. Your source. Any avid golfer watcher does not pay attention to who espn chit show is featuring.

Sure they do.

• Options

@BigDawg747 said:

@WCDawg said:

@BigDawg747 said:

@WCDawg said:

@BigDawg747 said:

Guess what, espn isnt even broadcasting the pga so why are you on their crappie website, and if you are watching the broadcast they are showing spieth every shot even his two shot try out of the woods. Bro, you are even more washed up then tiger and you can't top me in this conversation.

Pretend ESPN isn't the dominant sports venue, but probably 9 out of 10 posters open their site daily.
    I've noticed their worst critics somehow know what they say, which means they watch.

• Options
    edited August 2018

FYI, a quick look at both CBS's and NBC's sports sites shows Tiger has the headline picture on their front page, just like ESPN.
    Ditto for MSN and Sports Illustrated.
    All 5 lead their front pages with Tiger.

• Options

@WCDawg said:
    FYI, a quick look at both CBS's and NBC's sports sites shows Tiger has the headline picture on their front page, just like ESPN.

Bro, Tiger is living rent free in your head

• Options

@gdawg4life said:

@WCDawg said:

Well the cheap bastard needs to pay up.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@gdawg4life said:

@WCDawg said:

Well the cheap bastard needs to pay up.

He can’t because he is supposedly retiring soon. Needs to save those pennies.