Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Braves traded 3 good prospects for a .205 hitter...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Adam Duvall is 29, he's a career .239 hitter who is hitting .205 with a .289 OBP this season.
What a lame arse move.

Comments

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did they get any cash or something else? If so, that sounds like a terrible trade.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sims, Wisler, and Tucker are not big loses, but does seem like we didn’t get much for them. Duvall is supposed to be a power-hitting outfielder/first baseman. Don’t see him playing much in Atlanta.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Typical Braves bs

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

he has 15 homers this season

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

That's pretty solid, but he also strikeouts nearly once every three at bats. That's an awful ratio, and bats .205. The 15 HRs is probably helped by the fact he played in Cincinnati at the Great American Small Park, where Rafael Belliard could hit 10 HRs a year. Maybe he's just going to be a pinch hitter, and get the occasional start to give other guys a rest.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Shoulda ponied up for Fred mcgriff instead

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Might be planning on playing him in left field and moving Acuna to center against left-handed starters. Would give up defense, but Ender hasn't hit lefties much this year.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The way I look at it is none of the 3 were gonna help us down the stretch. Look at Boar with the fish. He's a shade under .225 with 16 homers, but does have the power presence in the lineup. When a team has Suzuki or Flowers in the 5 hole; I'd say that lineup desperately needs some thump. I liked Wisler and Sims MAY turn out to be steady in the future. On another level how about Mr. Allard finally getting his feet wet in the show tonight. With Newcomb, Folty, Allard, Soroka, Gohara and Wright, I'm sure our rotation will be Dodger like next year. I've heard rumors of us trading for Beltre. Anybody else heard anything about that?

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They gave up players who did not factor into long-term plans at all. Wisler and Sims have been passed on the "depth chart" if you will by half a dozen or more prospects. They've also both gotten multiple appearances at the show and were inconsistent at best. Neither have dominant stuff. Tucker is a 4th outfielder who seems to have had a hot start and then fizzled. The Astroes didn't seem to be crying when they lost him. I'm fine with the move. I think it's creative and a good job by AA. That said, of the braves are serious about competing this season then there is more work to be done today.

The one thing that I heard said about our GM was we were not giving up prospects to "rent" guys aka Texeria. That is awesome. WE NEED AN EVERYDAY CATCHER! I'd give a king's ransom for Realmoto! Guess that's how his name is spelled.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Duval is the right handed bat we need. Six of last seven losses to LHP. Ender is my fav, but he has been real inconsistent vs leftys. Guys who left were no longer in our plans. Tookie Toussaint last night in Gwinnett....nice. Allard starting tonigjt vs Marlins, does any team have more players born in 1997 than Braves?

edited July 2018

Folty, Newcombe, Allard, Fried, Soroka, Gohara, Wright... Ton of LEGIT major league arms right there.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Adam Duvall is 29, he's a career .239 hitter who is hitting .205 with a .289 OBP this season.
    What a lame arse move.

He was brought in as a sub player (corner outfield spots & 1st Base) along with a right handed bat off the bench.

As mentioned above, the guys trades were no longer in the Braves front offices long term plans. Didn’t give up the farm for rental (which I love) but got better on the bench, which along with relief were glaring holes.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i want Touki Toussaint to get a chance

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another key to the deal is that Duvall is inexpensive ( I believe I saw salary of 645k) and is under team control for I think 3 more years. Those are important details to the deal as well.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

That is fools; bait .a few HRs spread over 90 games with almost no other production is almost meaningless.
    The advanced metrics are awful.

@PTDawg said:
    Another key to the deal is that Duvall is inexpensive ( I believe I saw salary of 645k) and is under team control for I think 3 more years. Those are important details to the deal as well.

@PTDawg said:

@PTDawg said:

Important details because as I've stated before, Liberty is cheap as hell.

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:
    What a lame arse move.

He was brought in as a sub player (corner outfield spots & 1st Base) along with a right handed bat off the bench.

As mentioned above, the guys trades were no longer in the Braves front offices long term plans. Didn’t give up the farm for rental (which I love) but got better on the bench, which along with relief were glaring holes.

.205 BA and .289 OBP is not getting better in any way.

@BEACHDAWG said:
    Duval is the right handed bat we need. Six of last seven losses to LHP. Ender is my fav, but he has been real inconsistent vs leftys. Guys who left were no longer in our plans. Tookie Toussaint last night in Gwinnett....nice. Allard starting tonigjt vs Marlins, does any team have more players born in 1997 than Braves?

WOW...he's hitting .205. ''the right handed bat we need'', on what planet ?
    This is like signing a starting pitcher with a 7.00 ERA in 2018 and a career 6.00 ERA.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@brentwilson said:

He will, soon.