Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

My wish list for The Hawks' draft tomorrow night..

Comments

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Wcdawg. So your saying he had surgery in the off season for no reason at all. Im calling bs now.
  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

I'm saying anybody should be able to see he was not hampered by a rib injury this past season..period. A groin is a different matter, that can be an injury you can aggravate from time to time but it not hinder you much of the time. He was absolutely not nursing a broken rib in his season highlights though.

My doctor found an inguinal hernia in my annual checkup 2 years ago that I didn't even know I had. She said I could have had it for years because they often have little pain or discomfort. His recovery time was short so in all likelihood it was minor.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    WCDawg youre placing limitations on people. People like pain differently. I love the feeling from tattoos most people dont. I love peeling back my cuticles alot of people hate the burn. Different pain tolerance for EVERY human.

TLJohnson. I don't believe anybody could move completely unencumbered and without grimacing if they had a symptomatic rib injury. It WASN'T a rib injury though, it was apparently a rather minor groin injury. More than likely a hernia, they can be virtually symptom free.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So if something is symptom free, can it affect someone's play? I might be missing something here?

edited June 2019

donm. I didn't watch much Duke basketball last season. I have reviewed the season highlights of Reddish though. In those highlights there was no limitations of movement at all that I could see. Broken ribs are not a come and go thing symptom or otherwise, but some groin injuries can be. By the description of his groin surgery as ''minor'' and with the statement that he should heal in a few weeks, obviously it's not a severe tear. My guess is it's a inguinal hernia, which is often symptom free or near symptom free. If it's not too bad surgery often isn't necessary. When surgery is recommended it's often just making a small incision, pushing the intestine back into the cavity and suturing the muscle closed, it's a minor procedure and typically heals quickly.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    WCDawg but Reddish, Coach K, Duke University have all said he had a broken rib through the season and a core injury came later in the season (missed a game). Thats two seperate injuries man. Watching highlights isnt watching him play. He didnt play his game he was a spot up shooter. His game is a slasher. Meaning.... 
    edited July 2019

Just thought I'd give a heads up. The Hawks play their 1st summer league game tomorrow against The Timberwolves who drafted Jarrett Culver. Hunter vs Culver will be interesting. Reddish won't play because he's recovering from groin surgery.

The team's young core of 7 players averages almost exactly 21 years of age. The old man in the group is Omari Spellman at the ripe old age of 21 years 9 months. Obviously this team won't peak for at least 4 years, but watching these kids progress should be fun.

Also, no f..g way Reddish was playing with a symptomatic broken rib, He injured the thing early last fall and the typical recovery time is only 6 to 8 weeks. Plus, I know what I saw on film.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Seen something where the Hawks are part of a group that’s trying to delay the AD trade. Any reason why ?

Search me Orlando. Off the top of my head I can't think of what stake The team might have in this.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    This is what ESPN is saying about it, cap space confuses me in the NBA and this doesn’t help me lol

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27128448/lakers-delay-ad-trade-kawhi

Thanks Muffingod. Now it's about as clear as my college algorithms classes, so not very.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I guess we had the same class. Not sure what that says about us...🤪
  • YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Kawhi and George to the Clippers
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 29,257 mod
    Clippers had to give up a ton to get him too