Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang it...

I was hoping someone was gonna post the chart or graph or article that said all this over...

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All sources report all positives and negatives each day. They do not report new cases. FLDOH for yesterday (per todays's report) got 14,159 positive results statewide but only show 10,328 NEW CASES. they take out the repeat positives. If not why are the positives and Cases so different! The daily tally is not the numbers reported, they cleanse it first to take out repeat tests of the same people, In other words someone positive last week for the first time was reported as a case. If he tests positive in a follow up test yesterday he is shown as a positive in that day's testing report but not reported as a new case. There were 3,831 such individuals yesterday. That's why positives = 14,159 on the daily test report but only 10,328 Cases reported to CDC (or replacement org) for yesterday.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not telling you how to mod.....I realize it's a thankless job.

But I suggest letting this thread go wherever it goes. I understand Dawgnation policy.

But frustrations are very high. Even if you don't allow another covid thread.......it will leak into other threads.

At least this keeps the frustration and political fighting from polluting other threads.

Just a thought.

edited July 2020

@Kasey

This is my spreadsheet for yesterday's report (Thursday data as one day lag)

How does this tally with Nate's numbers?

Wasn't going to share this. Some will believe me....others won't......and it will get DVs.

I've shared on here that one of my dad's golfing buddies owns a funeral home. He has all kinds of covid stories.

On Wednesday evening another member of the club was in a head on car accident and died during surgery.....and he tested positive for Covid.

Cause of death......Covid. The funeral home directors are notified of all Covid deaths.

Nobody on Dawgnation knows me. You don't know my character or personality. So it probably does very little to say that I'm an honest man with integrity.....buy I am.

Choose to believe me or not.....but how covid deaths are reported is a problem.

I'm not suggesting that people can't die from Covid......but we'll never know how many people under the age of 70 actually died because of covid. But the number is probably very small.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tex, was it listed as the actual cause death or was the funeral home operator just notified that he was positive?

• ChambuloChambulo Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2020

Nate Silver uses covidtracking.com for his daily tweets. I've been using it lately as you can look at daily data for each state.

You might be able to fill in some data on your spreadsheets for data on the states you only recently started tracking. Looks like they get their info from each states DOH dashboard and they supply screenshots from each day to show where the numbers come from.

IMO yes. I don't think that you should test the same worker 5 days a week and show it as 5 negatives each week. The CDC guidelines that the numbers reported (cumulative) doesn't count repeat positives nor repeat negatives. The individuals that are repeat tested would be reported as neg/pos based on their latest test. If someone is -----+ they would be 1 negative until they became a case with the last positive. Furthermore if that person then tests negative twice they become "recovered". So if --+-+--. they were in the negative , switched to the positive and became a case. They remained an active case until the last test (2nd negative) at which time they were considered recovered. They did not switch from active to recovered to new case in the middle with the +-+ it just stayed active.

Long winded but hope that clarifies.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would be interesting to see stats on whether deaths by other causes show decreases.

• BumBum Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cringe...just absolutely despicable. No shortage of these stories yet...if you are willing to listen.... It’s mind blowing. If you are someone who trusts the “data” I feel sorry for you at this point. Isn’t there some sort of checks and balances in place? I wonder if it’s... “hey, lets see if this will work (marking COVID cause of death, COVID positive without a test) and whether or not we get challenged on it?” Nonetheless, they are counted as “data” until somebody reverses it, right? And how is that even possible now after months and months of this? Never going to happen. Yet the BS “data” continues to drive policy decisions. What a waste of time to consume yourself with this garbage data.

Would you think that correct if the driver had a blood clot travel to his heart that caused the crash. Every time I hear a COD it's nearly always died due to complications from Covid. You need to stop thinking that everyone is corrupt. The ME has no reason to lie about the COD. He/she just uses their best judgement based on the forensic evidence. Not everything is a conspiracy.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Will do what I have to do. @YaleDawg knows the ground rules that were laid down. Out of respect for him I have let this continue......unless it gets way out of hand then the closed sign will be hung......

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg there are two numbers that are important when it comes to covid deaths. Everyone that died with COVID-19 and those that died with COVID-19 as a contributing factor i.e. listed on death certificate. AFAIK only the ones listed on death certificates are in the official counts but it's important to keep track of every death while someone has COVID-19 to identify potential risk factors that we may be unaware of. As far as funeral homes go it's important they be aware of every COVID-19 person they prepare to take appropriate precautions from becoming infected.

• BumBum Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I only suspect corruption when months and months of evidence lead me to conclude it is so. I’m sorry we can’t even agree there is corruption happening. You will believe what you want, and that is fine. History will tell the story as it always does. I will focus on teaching my son critical thinking. I’d be doing that today if he knew more than a handful of words...lol

I don't get it all.....but I know it was listed as cause of death.

I certainly respect the fact that you don't think anything unusual is going on. And I honestly do not know enough to put up a very good argument.

But it seems to me something is up. Too many friends in the know have said so.

• SupraSupra Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2020

My 2 cents as an economist... it’s really hard to fudge numbers when they’re this large.

Great source. i read somewhere (a long while ago) that some states are running 8 weeks behind on some deaths.

This discussion has been closed.