Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

I don’t do doctors really unless I feel like I’m gonna die. I mean I feel bad but I’ve had the flu before and it was a little worse. I’ve been doing the natural approach, high vitamin C Intake, fresh ginger shots, lots of echinacea. If it worsens I will think about getting it looked at.

Healthy 33 yo male, workout 7 days a week. I usually do the wait it out approach but we’ll see.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Good for you. I am actually the same way.

Since you seem to be into herbals, I can tell you that turmeric curcumin is really good for inflammation. I have that on hand just in case. The treatment in the hospital is dexamethasone, which is also for inflammation. Zinc also seems to be playing a big role in a lot of studies. Glutathione levels are another. You can take in N acetylcisteine to promote glutathione production

If you’ve been reading the thread then you are also aware of the suggested link with vitamin D deficiency.

I shouldn’t make assumptions. I thought Mia was for a female. LOL. Sorry just think that’s funny I thought that for whatever reason.

😂 I’m in the epicenter Miami Dade . It was bound to happen. I have some turmeric gonna get my hands on some zinc as well.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was told by some on here to not be concerned....isolated instance.....covid 19 reporting is the one data collection area that our bureaucracy has done a very accurate job with. /s

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

Florida update - 10347 cases from 49465 first time tests reported to CDC. The new hospitalizations were 292 and 90 more resident deaths were reported. The 7 day average for deaths were a new record at 114.

The new cases this month are now 207,960 (58% of the cases all time - 360,394) out of the 1,107k newly tested (36% of the number of people tested thus far - 3,052k).

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shots effing fired in SC this morning...

Governor announced that $35 mil of the CARES act money will go towards assisting independent school tuition across the state. Any family below 300% of the poverty line qualifies for $6500 per kid for private school tuition...

Don't want to pass a voucher program through legislation? Well then, give the state a hunk of cash and let them decide how to use it...

Can't wait to see the reaction on this! It's gonna be hilarious. I work for an independent school, so I am gonna sit back and laugh at the "experts" hammer away...

How long does a person have to be below the poverty line to qualify? Quite a few have dropped there since April 1st.

Ain’t middle America great? You get to help out the poor kids while busting your tail just to keep the bills paid.

$6,500 probably doesn't come close to covering private school tuition.... but it does help the pvt school offer tuition aid to cover the remaining amount.

Great opportunity for those kids that are good students but have to attend an under performing school.

• BumBum Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a good start in the UK. Hopefully US follows suit on this particular issue.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Found out today a client of mine, age 58 male with diabetes, has the virus. He's in the ICU but I don't know anything about his condition beyond the fact that he's been hit pretty hard. The interesting part of the story, he was not allowed to be admitted to Navicent in Macon because they were at full capacity. He was sent to the closest hospital with an open ICU bed in Thomaston. There have been some local stories about how busy it is at the Macon hospital but I've had friends who would seem to be in the know that claimed it wasn't busy and everything has been blown out of proportion. Now I find out a client had to be shipped 45 minutes out of the way due to capacity issues.

Again, with cases being higher in Georgia, I'm putting more effort into not catching and/or passing the virus. It's on our doorstep. It only makes sense to be cautious.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod
    edited July 2020

New records in Mississippi today I live in Harrison County and we had 69 new cases. Deaths were down with 3 reported but that is because of the weekend........

From the Sun Herald:

The week begins with a record number of corona virus cases in the state, including a new single-day record in South Mississippi, and record numbers of people hospitalized with the virus, in intensive care and on ventilators.

Gov. Tate Reeves on Monday extended the order that everyone in Harrison and Jackson counties must wear masks for another two weeks. Harrison County had 69 new cases Monday and Jackson County topped 1,000 cases since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.

As the numbers continue to soar, several records were set Monday:

▪ There are 1,251 new cases in Mississippi today. The previous record was 1,230 on July 16.

▪ There are 145 new cases in South Mississippi. The previous record was 135 on July 17.

▪ The 7-day average is at a record 1,030 new cases per day, the first time it has topped 1,000.

▪ The 7-day average for South Mississippi also is at a record 113 per day.

▪ There are now 1,119 hospitalized statewide. There were 676 people hospitalized on June 27.

▪ ICU and ventilator numbers also set records, with 284 people statewide in ICU and 143 patients on ventilators.

edited July 2020

Well I am sure Boris Johnson being heavily criticized for ignoring the virus and then attempting to reach herd immunity leading to the highest deaths per million and CFR for any major country has nothing to do with this review. He was fired by The Times for fabricating quotes to support his story(ies). Because they review and potentially reduce deaths doesn't mean that they will then be correct. Most in the UK think that the deaths are understated. We likely will never know until the politicians stay out of it.

• BumBum Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read your post a couple times, but don’t understand all of it. Who was fired?

I agree no way to backtrack with 100% accuracy, but I think the idea is moving forward...a more accurate daily death number for UK.

Had an emergency plumbing issue today so went to HD to get parts. Even though our county has a mask ordinance in place 30% of customers were in non-compliance. Couldn't fix it so had to call the plumbers who (2) worked for an hour without masks. Wake up Florida and America!

How long did you feel bad ? My headache is kickin right now too.

edited July 2020

Isn’t the rule to wear a mask IF you can’t social distance?

We own a restaurant and have to wear masks. I bartended Sunday brunch yesterday and feel like I still have a headache from the thing. I also own a service business and enter people’s homes. I do wear a mask because of the maroons who will get on social media, but in reality the customer should just stay away from the people who visit their houses if they are worried about it. I helped an 80 year old woman today. She left the door unlocked, a check on her kirchen table, sat on her porch (smoking cigarettes???), and I called her when I was finished to let her know I was leaving. How hard is that?

Wearing a mask is unhealthy. Seriously. Pretty sure my wife has a sinus infection as a result of wearing one.

As for Home Depot, 70% compliance is a lot better than it was in April and May. Here in Atlanta pretty much everyone wears them now.

Dontou not have N95 masks to protect yourself? I would if I were in your shoes. Other issues and all.

If you sign up to get tested......and there is a long wait......don't leave.....because you are going to be determined positive......regardless.

This discussion has been closed.