Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What is Adam Sasser alleged to have shouted at Justin Fields ?

Comments

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:

@MeR3htid said:
    Not only that but I would think that going to a UGA Football Game in Athens you're about as likely to hear the N word as u r to hear Hot Dog, or Chili Fries no? "And if u don't like it we don't need your support anyway other than to continue to birth 4 and 5 star athletes and send them to Ole Georgia." I love the Georgia football team but as a Native Georgian I would think that this would be how disrespectful the Stanford Stadium crowd would b towards Black players, coaches and fans in general. Same Old Georgia.

Really, I must not sit in the same section as you. I rarely hear the word used anywhere.

Yeah I to must sit in another section because I sure don't hear anyone using the word. Where are you sitting that people all around you are using it?

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lefty13 said:
    Again if you find the word so objectionable why would you use it all? I do not use the word and I find it deplorable when I hear it used in songs or hear blacks calling each other it.

I don't like it either, but there is a huge difference in context that it seems to me you'd have to willfully ignore to not see it.

• Options
    JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    Not only that but I would think that going to a UGA Football Game in Athens you're about as likely to hear the N word as u r to hear Hot Dog, or Chili Fries no? "And if u don't like it we don't need your support anyway other than to continue to birth 4 and 5 star athletes and send them to Ole Georgia." I love the Georgia football team but as a Native Georgian I would think that this would be how disrespectful the Stanford Stadium crowd would b towards Black players, coaches and fans in general. Same Old Georgia.

I’ve been to many UGA games and have NEVER EVER heard that word used before... take that bull somewhere else

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Jesupdawg said:

@MeR3htid said:

I’ve been to many UGA games and have NEVER EVER heard that word used before... take that bull somewhere else

Well clearly you haven't been sitting near Sasser.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can we please just get back to Georgia Football for the love of God. One thing I think we ball have in common is the love for Georgia Football so that's where our attention should be. On the team and the road ahead that will hopefully lead to another SEC CHAMPIONSHIP.

• Options

@donm said:

@Jesupdawg said:

@MeR3htid said:

Well clearly you haven't been sitting near Sasser.

Touche :)

• Options

@Lefty13 said:

@WCDawg said:

@MeR3htid said:

Really, I must not sit in the same section as you. I rarely hear the word used anywhere.

Yeah I to must sit in another section because I sure don't hear anyone using the word. Where are you sitting that people all around you are using it?

I don't understand your last sentence, I sure didn't say people around me use that word.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Furthermore we've all done and said idiotic things before so let's just let it go as Georgia's administration decides how best to move forward with regards to Sassers behavior. I'm sure the kid is feeling rotten enough and I don't feel for him at all but he's entitled to his mistakes as we all are and hopefully he'll learn from it.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:
    "Put the n word in " is being reported

How insane was that if confirmed ?
    He had to have at least considered he was in front of many sets of ears.

Not giving anyone a pass here for that kind of behavior, because that is absolutely unacceptable, but does anyone know if alcohol played a factor in his actions?

This dude better be glad Justin didn't decide to play baseball too...……………..

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:

@Lefty13 said:

@WCDawg said:

@MeR3htid said:

I don't understand your last sentence, I sure didn't say people around me use that word.

Wasn't referring to you with the last question WC, asking Me3. Sorry for the unclear question.

• Options
    edited October 2018

@MeR3htid said:
    Furthermore we've all done and said idiotic things before so let's just let it go as Georgia's administration decides how best to move forward with regards to Sassers behavior. I'm sure the kid is feeling rotten enough and I don't feel for him at all but he's entitled to his mistakes as we all are and hopefully he'll learn from it.

I admit the environment I grew up with in NW Georgia in the 1960s and early 70s deposited some unwanted garbage in my brain that has surfaced when angry a time or 2 over the years.
    I've never just spewed language like Sasser is accused of though.
    It seems remarkably inappropriate.

• Options
    GaK9sGaK9s Posts: 50 ✭✭✭ Junior

In this day and age of everyone quickly bringing up their phone to video everything, where's the video evidence? Not that they didn't have time if he was asked multiple times to stop. We are still innocent until proven guilty in America, aren't we?

• Options
    edited October 2018

@GaK9s said:
    In this day and age of everyone quickly bringing up their phone to video everything, where's the video evidence? Not that they didn't have time if he was asked multiple times to stop. We are still innocent until proven guilty in America, aren't we?

Don't be a *******, you're guilty till popular opinion says otherwise.
    Just kidding with the ******* thing, I don't know your ethnicity.
    Seriously, just kidding.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do we know the context yet?

Remember that commercial from several years ago? It was three guys (two black and one white) talking about their favorite basketball player. One black guy says "so and so is my N____" the other black guy says "so and so if MY N____", then the white guy say "Charles Barkley, that's my N____!" and the two black guy look at him like he's crazy. I wonder if that was the kind of context that was used. Still incredibly idiotic, but not intentionally racist...just **** and insensitive.

When I lived in Washington State and went to Wazzu...I did hear the N-word up there quite frequently. That was a huge culture shock because being raised in the south, I virtually never heard it.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    Do we know the context yet?

Remember that commercial from several years ago? It was three guys (two black and one white) talking about their favorite basketball player. One black guy says "so and so is my N____" the other black guy says "so and so if MY N____", then the white guy say "Charles Barkley, that's my N____!" and the two black guy look at him like he's crazy. I wonder if that was the kind of context that was used. Still incredibly idiotic, but not intentionally racist...just **** and insensitive.

When I lived in Washington State and went to Wazzu...I did hear the N-word up there quite frequently. That was a huge culture shock because being raised in the south, I virtually never heard it.

Might they have been surprised by his choice of Sir Charles more than his language. lol Charles is a pistol. He's my....man.

• Options
    JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:

@pgjackson said:

I haven't lived in GA in a long time even though I was raised there, and I've lived about everywhere you can imagine since my UGA days. Georgia was one of the least prejudiced places I have been. Up north, they are careful to keep their racism in the closet, but when they pull it out you are in for a shock. Some other parts of the South did shock me, particularly a couple of states to the west. That was almost 40 years ago, though. But, if I had to pick a place to break down in a car it would be the South. Black, white, you name it, the people are just a lot nicer.

We definitely agree on this, the southern hospitality is in a class of its own. I stop for folks all the time that are broke down, mainly older folks, White or Black, I’m cautious with younger folks cause you never know if it’s a trap!!!

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@mlee said:
    It’s just a word that has no meaning unless you personally allow it to!

I think an African-American’s response to hearing that is almost automatic and w/o much thought, at least for many. Are you saying the guy who said it gave no personal meaning to the word? Your theory is ok but I don’t think it works well in real life.

If a person has spent their life in this country and they have an IQ above 60, they understand the implications of yelling that word.

My point is that if people would stop giving that word cause to hurt them then it would go away!

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know this is going to get me a lot of down votes. Has anyone looked into the possibility these girls might have heard it out of context, been a little tipsy themselves, or just flat out just wanted to cause a buzz on social media? We don't know what is what. Girl could be a woman scorned. Go ahead and go all PC on me. Sick of people crying. Make money, it fixes most things. If you are pissed, go punch the dude in the face. Fist fight, gun fight, I'm in. Bottom line is we all talk BS about other races. I got a joke, bet you do too.